7x More Downloads By Localizing App Keywords

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by magmedia, Jun 5, 2013.

1. magmedia

magmedia Member

Oct 30, 2012
    I've been experimenting with App Store Optimization and particularly the effect of localizing app keywords.

The result:
    7X More Downloads, Multiple Times Over.

While finding "good" keywords in English is quite a challenge, the playing field is still quite open when it comes to languages other than English, including "huge" languages such as French, Italian, German, etc...

You can't rank a new game to be #1 for "fun games" in English, but in Thai (for example) that is another matter....

I wrote up a detailed post (3,000 words) with the results and "how to". If you have any questions or clarifications post here in this thread or in the comments section on the blog (I answer them).

Here is the link:
    http://makeappmag.com/iphone-app-localization-keywords/

Note: a common misconception when people think of localizing keywords is that they simple translate their English keywords to other languages. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO. You actually need to perform original keyword research in the target language, which I explain how to do in the post.

-David

2. Thanks man, this knowledge is precious. I'll definetly try that for our game.

3. magmedia

magmedia Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Welcome!

If you need pointers along the way I'm here to help out.

4. J.O.Y

J.O.Y Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Male
    Head of Product at Imba Games
    Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    Thank you so much, great article!

5. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Interesting post, in fact, I never ever aware of it... How stupid I am... :(

6. Twixx

Twixx Member

Aug 23, 2012
    iOS Developer
    SC
    Really great article. Just opened my eyes to the whole SEO side of the Apple Store. Going to definitely do some work on this.

Thanks for the post!
    Jason

7. magmedia

magmedia Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Hey Jason,

Welcome. You might also want to check out another article which opened MY eyes to the whole app SEO thing and how effective it can be:

http://makeappmag.com/how-choose-keywords-apple-app-store-seo/

David