The end of Minigore! Finally!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SirSim, Jan 27, 2010.

1. SirSim

SirSim Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Hi!
    Sorry for this rough title but...
    let's start from the very beginning. Months ago there was an announcement for Minigore - and it sounded epic - now the game is out. And personally for me and some of my friends it was a big disappointment... Yeah it is addictive and Yes it is fun but there is still so much to do..And only one level?
    Anyway I love dual stick shooter Alive 4 Ever and so on - great stuff!

But still Minigore is hyped like hell... I don’t get it is in the style? the artworks? the advertising?

But now I think minigores time is over

there are several great games

Guerrilla Bob (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=42712)
    Pirate's Gold (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=38390)
    BloodNGuns
    and many many more...

Do you think, (like me) that we can expect a new great hit? and if not, then why..

would love to hear what you think

2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Minigore is awesome.

3. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    #3 Sierra275, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    Okay, aside from just saying that Minigore is great, let me substantiate.

Firstly, I've played iDracula, Alive-4-Ever, and Minigore. for some reason, I just keep coming back to Minigore.

Personally, I really like the art. It's nice and cute, compared to Alive-4-Ever's 2D top down style. And for some reason, I just find the gameplay more satisfying in Minigore. It's just fun to mow down hordes of Furries, as opposed to having to pump multiple shots into a single enemy in Guerilla Bob. The simplicity of Minigore, just keep aiming for the highscore, is quite addictive for some people. That, and the 1 000 000 kills to unlock a character.

Next, I've come to believe that the developers do keep their promises of future updates, however slowly. More DLC, more unlockables. This'll keep the gameplay going for much longer; I haven't seen this regular-ish follow up from any other dual stick shooters.

I used to think that Minigore sucked, but after a few updates and experience with other games, I appreciate the simplicity of it all, the art style, and the unlockables. And definitely, the prospective DLC. And don't tell me it isn't coming; the developers have proved themselves trustworthy, unlike many others who promise updates that never come.

Now, I'm open to a new dual-stick shooter any day. I did buy Guerilla Bob, and I must say it's quite a decent game. It's a different experience enough, worth the asking price, but I've finished it already, and I'm back to Minigore.

4. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    God, please stop with these "X game is dead" thread". A GAME IS STILL FUN EVEN IF A BETTER GAME COMES OUT! Ok, you got that? Just because a game is better, doesn't mean you have to hate the other game and stop playing it. There will always be a better game. Like all these people saying that Eliminate is dead because of Nova etc, no it's not. Eliminate is fun, and so is Nova. No reason at all why you can't play both. Minigore is still fun, regardless if a better twin stick shooter comes out.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've played Guerrilla Bob now and my thoughts on the game beforehand were pretty much correct... it IS a good game, but once you've done the story you're left relying on survival for your kicks, and that mode just doesn't hold up quite as well as Minigore's does.

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Minigore Number 56 in Arcade Games (+4 today)
    http://www.topappcharts.com/search.php?string=minigore&show=search&price=any

Guerrilla Bob and Pirate's Gold are not even ranked on any chart.
    But are there going to be other popular games.. of course.

Look at Zombieville.. people like still like the older games.
    http://www.topappcharts.com/304871622/app-details-zombieville-usa.php
    Best Chart Rankings*
    #5 in Arcade Games on Jan 27, 2010
    #7 in Action Games on Jan 18, 2010
    #16 in Top Games on Jan 18, 2010
    #30 in Top Apps on Jan 17, 2010

7. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    To use FPS as an analogy I would say that Guerilla Bob is Nova and Minigore is COD zombies. Both are good in it's own right one has campaign and the other one has survival but when it comes to replayability Minigore and Cod wins!

8. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Hell, why does everyone have to compare Minigore with Guerrilla Bob etc.? THEY ARE DIFFERENT, **** it.

9. All these comparisons are REALLY annoying.
    But I've tried many dual stick shooters and Minigore is clearly the best.

MINIGORE FOR EVER!

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    While Minigore is still a demo (although a beautiful one),
    Guerilla Bob is a GAME. Highly enjoying this one....spending more than 5 minutes in a row playing.

11. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    Guerrilla Bob definitely is awesome, but I can't compare it to minigore. If I did from a technical standpoint I would have to say that the controls on minigore are more fluid and precise than GB. I seem to have a harder time aiming in the correct direction in GB at times. It just feels twitchy. When hardgore comes out, then I will compare a little more, but for now I am still loving playing both GB and minigore! They are both great games and the artists deserve a big round of applause for these unique creations.

On another note, I will say that I am loving Crystal's interface more than Openfeint and Plus+. I can't wait until it is integrated into a slew of other titles. Gaming on the idevices is awesome! The future is definitely not bleak!

12. nfs_julius

nfs_julius Member

Jan 15, 2010
    I think minigore is the best so far. But Gorilla Bob migth be better.

13. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    True enough, though they would still probably occupy the same genre.
    But isn't the comparison invited by the games' producers themselves when they put both characters together as rivals in the game?

14. Z4AP

Z4AP Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Haha NO!

Minigore is so addictive and for me, it's more fun than GuerillaBob.
    Yes Guerilla Bob has a storymode. But a very short one.

Minigore will get more updates in the future.

Theres never an end of Minigore :D

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i just got guerrilla bob and to be honest, it has if anything, made me want to play minigore even more!

it's not that guerrilla bob is no fun, but that it's so different that i just want to play minigore!

btw, all you guys complaining about a short story mode, please remember there is a survival mode that in my opinion, is every bit as fun as minigore (but very different too)

16. SirSim

SirSim Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009

This exactly the point! I do not say Minigore is "shit" - it makes his part very well BUT it looks all the time like a demo to me. not more! Yeah Guerrilla BOB is more a story shooter like Contra but looking on Alive 4 Ever or Pirates Gold (even if it is not out yet) other developer can do the same as minigore but with content that do not make you think "hey they simply do nothing the last 6 months".

17. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I like Minigore for what it is. It's a very simple and to the point. I can play it very casually (which I do) and in spurts, so I don't get burned out. Every update is only making it better. ;)

Dead? I think not. To each its own I say.

18. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

Well stated and exactly how I felt about GB.

But I'll add that I'm finding playing for a high score (survival) in both games a bit shallow. I think I'm getting too old for mowing down baddies for leader board bragging rights. I'd rather have something to do and accomplish like levels.

ROF

19. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Pirate's Gold is not ranked on any chart because its not out yet ;)

20. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    good analogy!.. but guerilla bob is allmost exactly the same as minigore in one sense.. still havent bought guerrilla bob but i might... i just might...