Math or word puzzle games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thewickedbadger, Jun 3, 2012.

1. thewickedbadger

thewickedbadger Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I enjoyed Kenken better than Soduko and was wondering if y'all would recommend any other math/ numbers games for ios. I have Exponential Invasion an have enjoyed that as well.
    Also as a similar question are there any word games recommended.

2. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #2 Tannorexic, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    Drop 7 is quite a popular math style puzzler.
    Oh! Cube recently went free, not sure if it still is, but I bought it for $1.99 a while ago and really enjoyed it.
    It's sudoku style gameplay but you create awesome cute 3D objects and collect them for your trophy room

Some of my fav word games are:
    Bookworm- PC classic from popcap - spelling out the longest words you can using the letters on the board.
    7 little words (free) this is a MUST HAVE every iOS owner should have this- it's free and it's bloody amazing. You get clues like " mans best friend" and you have to find Canine but all he words are broken up into pieces like CA NI NE.
    Text twist- old pc classic I used to play- basically finding anagrams
    Wordsworth - 2 player word game - pass and play or play against others online- lots of different modes (lite)
    Puzzlejuice- mixture of tetris and word game
    Crux - lots of crossword puzzles

Now this isn't a word game or a math game, but it's a very tricky puzzle game that makes you think and makes you use logic in a fun way. It's called "colorbind" and there is a free lite version.
    I strongly suggest trying it. It's very rewarding when you solve a difficult level.
    It's basically about paper ribbons..you have different colored ribbons, like blue and red, and you have colored dots on the screen. You have to match up the blue ribbon the the blue dots by weaving the ribbon around the level until all dots have been filled in, then you use the red ribbon to weave throughout the level to collect all the red dots. It may sound simple but it gets very challenging. Each ribbon can pass through each other once horizontally, you cannot pass through "bends" and if you have two ribbons overlapping where a dot is present, the ribbon going vertical is the ribbon who fills the dot.

It's called colorBIND (not blind) check out the free lite version! I'm sure you'll fall in love like I did!

Also, I saw you in a past thread about the game "brainergy" Theresa similar game called "light the flower" wher eyou have to use puzzle elements to direct the light onto the plant to give it sunlight.. It's quite a decent puzzler and gets quite logical in the later levels.

If you havent played wheres my water, I also strongly suggest you do! (free lite version as well)
    Also try sprinkle,penguin patrol, joining hands, there are SO many good puzzle games in the AppStore that really make you think and are cute at the dame time!

3. thewickedbadger

thewickedbadger Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    Thanks Tannorexic. I appreciate your reply and your suggestions. I have tried out puzzle juice which is amazing as is 7 little words. The other suggestions I will soon try out and again thanks.

4. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    For word games, I can recommend Spelltower, it's great. Wooords is also a nice one.

If you enjoy Colorbind, you might enjoy Trainyard as well [you can try the free version Trainyard Express to see if you like it, it has lots of puzzles]

Also, there is a stickied thread for games recommendations, you probably would have got more recommendations there. :)

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Not sure if they are still selling it, but Big Top 10 is a very well done, fast paced and addictive number game.

I eventually got too good at it -- the top difficulty was not hard enough, but it took me a gazillion hours to get to that point.

6. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Kenken type... 2doku on iPod touch / phone, mathdoku on iPad - basically both same type of game. No hd version of 2doku

7. perqa

perqa New Member

Jan 21, 2013