Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I agree, I'll probably never see the last extreme level or even one Of the hard jokers but it's that feeling of there's always something new left to unlock in a game that keeps me coming back time and time again.

2. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well you forget about another possibility to add the challenge and i mean the time trial challenges. so levels where you can do a lot of small things to improve the times, so you need to do perfect runs. i was world champion in bike or die for palm for very long time, until i got pocket pc. and i should say the game was very challenging but never frustrating, compared with some levels in this game.

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #503 TicTac, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Are there any plans to add more bikes? I think it'll add a good deal of replayability to easier levels. For instance add a faster bike at the end of completing each mode, so instead of having to go to the next mode which might be a little too frustrating, we can spend time improving and practising times in the easy modes with the new bike.

I also found a bug which occurs sporadically, bike cutting through the plank becoming immovable.

[​IMG]

4. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    There's a new patch of levels in the blog at http://thebikebaron.com/

Try out level ACMN by runlikehell11 for some fun challenge. Its somewhere around King's Castle (extreme 1) in terms of difficulty and challenge :)

5. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Holy cow! I just made a level that is so hard you will desperate :D
    If you are crazy enough to try here is the code: AFRO
    The level is called: Nearly Impossible
    Category: Extreme

6. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    I loved your level! I remember playing through some earlier version of it you had shared and it was great back then, and even more brilliant now :) Also congrats on very cool level code, hehe

7. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    ADAE thoughts !!?

8. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Cool that you like my levels. I laughed when I saw the level code, too. :D

9. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm having trouble with jumping onto the 3rd level platform (above the second coin) in sawbones. Does anyone know of a way to get up there consistently?

10. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Overall, I still think you did a fantastic job with the level design. In fact, I'd like to see more Extreme levels! Just to re-iterate, my only real issue is that the physics interfere in those two sections (bomb bridge and teeth). Otherwise, I think you really nailed the difficulty of the levels. So I'm not trying to complain about levels, and I definitely don't want you to make them easier.

Oh, and after getting 6:41 on Dragon's Teeth, I was able to complete it again in 5:45. If I could just get through those teeth consistently, I really think I can do a sub-3:00 run. :)

11. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    I created a stage yesterday, and wow, the level creator is simply amazing!! Good job Mountain Sheep!! I own all LittleBigPlanets, and this one is right up there, if not better! LBP was always difficult to make good stages, but in a couple of hours, I created a pretty good stage!

If anyone wants to try my stage, I'd greatly appreciate it! It's not extremely hard (especially for some of you guys!), but it can be quite challenging to regular players like myself.

Stage Code: AFNZ

12. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I 1:04'd Extreme 1. Life is cruel to me!

13. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    The replay function in the development version is great, it's only having trouble with some sound effects. To demonstrate it I recorded this direct feed video of the user level "Northshore Adventure": (Level code is ABXC in case you wanna try it)

Btw. The upcoming Halloween update features Domovoi as a playable character!

14. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Has it been submitted?

15. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Not yet. We're still polishing and adding finishing touches - it's more important to have a great update instead of trying to rush it for 31st. In any case we're calling it Halloween update ;)

16. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Do you plan to add more achievements in the Game Center ? Because for the moment, the game doesn't offer a lot of rewards... I think that some achievements will give to players some additionnal motivation. Why in Death Rally, do we have more than 70 achievements, and here, only 3 ?

17. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Because we are planing something special with the achievements in the future,just be patient. Rome was not build in a day ;)

18. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Has anybody (developers included) finished Joker Baron 4 or found a way to blitz the bomb bridge in JC3 in the release version of the game? There's either a technique for the bomb bridge that nobody has discovered, which is seeming less and less likely given the hours put into it and Deto's claim that "it shouldn't be that hard", or an error occurred at some point between testing and release and it's essentially impossible.

Deto, if you've done it, can you post a video of you crossing a bomb bridge at speed?

19. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Excellent work. Definitely a fun track....thanks.

20. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Just finished my first track after about 3 hours. This level editor is incredibly simple to use. I'd appreciate some feedback.

Atlantic Adventure - AF8M

I'd rank it somewhere between the difficulty of Extreme 1 and Extreme 2.