Ten Years Left - coming end of 2014

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jonmulcahy, Sep 5, 2014.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Dude that game looks like a crazy amount of...well craziness. It looks like the workings of a mad scientist! over 6 billion outcomes. I cracked up when you started at like a few hundred million then were like...OH WAIT I got a BILLION! Then oh wait theres more OVER 6 BILLION! Good work bro and I'll be looking forward to it. Is it all text based or something gameplay wise?

2. jonmulcahy

jonmulcahy Well-Known Member

I'm almost done. The game is complete, just doing some balance adjustments now. I tweaked the gameplay again over the past week, when i first came up with the game it would take 10 minutes each playthrough, I quickly discovered that was way to long. I bumped it down to 5 minute games which was a big improvement, but after playing the game 50 times even that was too long.

Each game takes 2 minutes to play. Maybe 5 minutes with the prologue / epilogue put in. It's fast, It's fun (i think), and it keeps you coming back for more. Hopefully submitting it early jan!

the only real question left is how to monetize the game. My original plan was make it a $1.99 and leave it open, but recently I've been toying with putting in some banner ads and giving it away for free. Any thoughts?

3. jonmulcahy

Just another update, the game is finally complete, i thought I had everything done a few weeks ago but had to redo some of the calculations which took awhile to figure out. This past week I have been play testing to balance everything. I've done 77 quick games and discovered and fixed 10-15 showstopping bugs. I have not hit a bug in the past 10 runs.

I still have some balancing to do, but we're getting close!

4. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Any beta plans?

I think a free "demo" version and a separate paid full app would be nice. "Free" for me is something I very often gloss over.

5. jonmulcahy

yes i do have plans for the beta, I'm still working on the back end system before i roll that out. I want the beta to focus on balancing these hazards, making sure certain ones don't show up too often, making sure the pacing is good, etc.

I still have no idea what I am doing for the game price wise. I read the article TA had on Furdemption 2, and it just made things more cloudy. Right now on the table is make it a proper premium app, or free with banner ads.

Still have some time to think about it!

6. jonmulcahy

another video from the game universe

7. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Oh man oh man oh man!

I can't wait to get my hands on this!! Is it time already? Gotta play this!