iPhone Magic 2013

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vernimator, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    If this is the only way, how do i configure this?

2. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    #1202 tabs, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    It is getting more and more expensive, but still, being a competitive paper magic player in the late 90's, I just can't seem to stop playing the digital version. :D

Try the official DotP forum. There's a representative here in the forum, but he has been quite inactive lately. He is still very active on the official wizards dotp forum though.

Thanks for the clarification, very much appreciated.

As far as I know, if you restore from backup via PC/MAC, you will be able to save all unlocked cards. And if you use the same Game Center account, you should be able to continue on your progress.

I had trouble with my iPad3 (not backing up) and so what I did was I use iExplorer to back up the Magic 2013 folder. I restored my iPad, installed Magic 2013, restore purchases, entered my GC account, then copied the save file from iExplorer and I was able to resume progress and all cards and even promo cards are all unlocked. :D

EDIT: Here's the link to Magic 2013 deck planner with the two new DLC. I do believe promo unlock is not yet included. http://happypluto.com/~misterp/wiz/planner/

3. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Sounds promising! Any chance you could explain this in a more newb friendly step by step way? What's iExplorer for instance?

Cheers

4. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Iexplorer is a free PC/MAC app that allows you to 'explore' the iPhone/iPad contents sort of like windows explorer. Inside, you will see the apps installed, and when you expand it, there's a documents folder where you can copy the 'profiles' or saves games for backup.

There are tons of guides out there that teaches you to use iExplorer in-depth. While it did work for me, please use it at your own risk. I was able to save quite a few games with this app already but do note it doesn't work for all apps. LINK to iExplore - http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

By the way, I would still suggest that you backup your iPad, and restore that back up on to your new iPad. I'm much more confident with this method and it's more user friendly. Again, follow it at your own risk. :D

5. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Do your iPads have to have the same name to be able to restore one with the other?

cheers

6. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Rather than create a new thread I thought I'd just ask this here. Does anyone know if there has been any further mention of a iPhone version of this? Was just wondering as it is playable on the iPad mini so surely the new 5 handset would be able to run this like a dream, or is it another issue I am missing?

Thanks and sorry for being slightly lazy.

7. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I don't think names matter. When I replaced my iPad 2 with an iPad3, all I did was to backup my iPad2 then restore from iPad2 backup with the iPad 3 and everything was working fine (talking about game saves/app data). Good luck. :D

I think it is how the game was designed. Even with the iPhone 5 screen, the battlefield alone is going to be taking up so much space that you probably wont see the art even. What more your hand, library, graveyard, etc. Unlike Ascension in which it is playable due to its simplicity (game design). No word whatsoever on the iPhone version though, so far.

8. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    That's true. The battlefield would take up too much space, that playing cards would be a nightmare. Even when playing on the iPad, there are some difficulties with the field, and I wouldn't even want to think of how that'd look on an iPhone.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So when do we get the new decks and will they also start off with promo cards from those previous promo unlocks?

10. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    New decks are out!

11. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Deck pack is out. Please do note, THERE ARE NO PROMO CARDS. :(

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    And confirmed by Wizards on the forums that remaining DLC decks won't have promo unlocks either. So they are asking us to pay more for less cards. Ridiculous. I'm thoroughly glad I waited for impressions before buying the new decks, not buying them now.

13. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I'm at work right now, and can't try the multiplayer game. I was reading the official dotp forum and they say that multiplayer is broken, can anyone confirm?

To be honest, im also very dissapointed with the DLC. 2 decks for 2.99 without campaigns and no promo cards even. But this is my most played iPad game (having played competitive Magic way back late 90s, so addciting =p so I might still support them. But if the mtliplayer bug is true, it is going to drive me crazy because they are not known for fixing bugs.

14. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ^^^ best post in the thread :).. cheers!

15. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I've googled it but couldn't find anything, can any one point me to a site that talks about deck builds for this game and strategies using decks?

16. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Here you go:

Code:
    http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134962/M:TG_-_Duels_of_the_Planeswalkers

17. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I lost all my unlocked cards after re-installing the game. Are there any ways to get them back? ARG!!! :mad:

18. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    The only way to restore unlocked cards is to restore from backup (itunes). If you reinstall, make sure you restore your backup.

19. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I though the progress was attached to Game Center?

20. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It's not really. The intro statement when you start the app simply means that if you log in and out of different game center accounts on the same device, your progress will adjust accordingly. If however you delete the app entirely, you lose everything.

I wish the devs would add cloud saves.