Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I have Quadropus Rampage, it's great.

However, my quest to find a KRPG game with randomized dungeons is still ongoing. I understand that Aurumn Blade has optional random dungeons but I'm looking for a game built around the fact that they're all randomly generated.

For those who've played it, do you know if Master of Dungeon fits the bill?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:35 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

KRPGs usually don't have randomized worlds; I suspect this is in part due to an emphasis on items and fetch quests. Some action oriented roguelikes with continuous combat and randomized worlds to consider are The Dungeon, bit Dungeon, or Cardinal Quest. I haven't played Hero Siege yet but that might appeal to you seeming action oriented and randomized. Also some dual stick shooters with RPG elements like Bug Heroes, etc might appeal to you.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
KRPGs usually don't have randomized worlds; I suspect this is in part due to an emphasis on items and fetch quests. Some action oriented roguelikes with continuous combat and randomized worlds to consider are The Dungeon, bit Dungeon, or Cardinal Quest. I haven't played Hero Siege yet but that might appeal to you seeming action oriented and randomized. Also some dual stick shooters with RPG elements like Bug Heroes, etc might appeal to you.
Thanks UndeadCow. I already own the games you listed and they are great, but I guess what I'm seeking is a game with more permanence, i.e. no rogue-like permadeath, but with emphasis on randomized levels, a good loot system (a la diablo) and some grinding.

The closest I've come so far is Pocket RPG, which I really enjoy. However, after each "quest" your character is cleared of all inventory. Obviously, for Pocket RPG this works well as it was designed with this mechanic in mind, but it's not precisely what I'm looking for.

My guess is that this game simply does not exist on this platform, which is fine. Perhaps one day it will.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I don't recall if the dungeons in Master of Dungeons are randomized. There are a lot of them though and the IAP seemed to not be neccissary. It was also one of the better KRPG's I'd played in a while when it first came out. I think there's a free and paid version if you wanted to check it out too. I assume free has adverts. The pro/gold, whatever, starts you with a bunch of in game currency and some other random stuff.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusZero View Post
I don't recall if the dungeons in Master of Dungeons are randomized. There are a lot of them though and the IAP seemed to not be neccissary. It was also one of the better KRPG's I'd played in a while when it first came out. I think there's a free and paid version if you wanted to check it out too. I assume free has adverts. The pro/gold, whatever, starts you with a bunch of in game currency and some other random stuff.
+1. I mentioned this earlier but I also think I may like MoD even better than Stone of Life, although I think both are amongst the best on iOS. Aurum Blade was prior to these, but I kind of thought these were a notch better in having at least a bit more story to them.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Just stopped back in here because this thread made me decide to redownload Master of Dungeon and I wanted to warn the OP and others to NOT buy the "Plus" version. Seems the currency they give you as a bonus is meant to be used in the Premium Shop and it's completely broken. Can't sign into it, can't create a new account, etc. You just get stuck at an empty message box with cancel or OK and that's it.

I wonder if Playbean no longer runs the server or whatever is used for it. If you get the game, stick with the free version. Kind of sucks.

Last edited by awp69; 01-22-2014 at 02:05 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

THanks for the warning, although I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

I'm not really able to get into most games that have IAP (call it OCD) so that pretty much invalidates all KRPGs lol.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've also been looking into some of the suggestions here. Will be downloading a few later. Thanks!