Chaos Rings II

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 20, 2011.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yes! This looks amazing :)

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I see mostly new locations, new monsters. And the voices are great! Since I finished Chaos Rings Ω yesterday, I can't wait for more, this is my Final Fantasy series for the iPhone. I love it!

3. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    i hate when caracters speak too much:mad:

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I'm pretty sure, there will be an option to turn it off. But Chaos Rings is all about dialog.

5. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

I love the fact that Square Enix is really getting behind the iOS platform. It is amazing to see the big industry names right up there beside indie developers. :)

6. FelixGSTLA

FelixGSTLA Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Anyone understand that one line at around 0:57 in the trailer? I more or less understand the rest, but that line feels rather awkward for me. I think it's something along the lines of "Even that Aida you ate said that the destruction of the world is more practical" but could someone check that for me?

Story seems awesome, anyways.

Thanks,
    FelixGSTLA

7. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    I found Chaos Rings to be a bit boring since I didn't like the skill system and never got too interested in the story, but this looks really amazing. The graphics and skill animations seemed to have taken a huge step up, and the voice acting is nice. I would honestly pay $50 for this even though I'm not a fan of the first!

8. Iljimae

Iljimae Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Nice game so far!

Ive only played chos rings through for a little while, and I immediately found chaos rings to be quite entertaining. I thought the gameplay was a bit repetetive, and it does sort of feel very similar to the first one, but given it's breathtaking graphics and console-like style, I think it's still very good; so far, at least.

9. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    +1

Though, I only got Chaos Rings (somewhat) recently, so still need to finish that one + Omega before I'll play the sequel. Might still buy it on release day to support SE, though.

10. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    You are either rich or crazy.

11. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    This seems like a console-quality game and $50 is pretty cheap/average for a good PS3/Wii/360 game.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This looked really awesome. Definitely some inspiration to pick up Chaos Rings Omega soon for me. Heh..

13. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Ok, lol. Just thought it was weird that you dislike the 1st game, but you'd pay $37 more for it's sequel, which is probably mostly the same thing. (Though I agree that this game looks like it had more care put into it than omega.)

14. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I wouldn't pay $50 for a game, ever. So I don't really understand you here. >.<

15. Accessorygeeks

Accessorygeeks Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Amazing

These Apple games are getting more and more amazing. Pretty soon they will probably make a phone that is just as good as a Nintendo DS, or any other portable gaming device.

16. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #17 gwet17, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    Not even Portal 2?
    JK, you probably meant you'd never spend $50 for an iOS game, which is understandable at this point in time.

17. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I rarely spend that much on games for other platforms, but it does happen..
    Anyway, my biggest problem is, that in those cases, I get to own a psysical copy of the game, can resell it if I don't like it and so on. None of this happens here.

18. Blankstar

Blankstar Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Belgium
    I'd rather have them porting all the PSX/PS2 Final Fantasies than waisting time on this stuff. Finished the first Chaos Rings and the story was weak, fighting not complex enough and boring all the way...

FF7 on iOS, now that's what I would pay serious bucks for!

19. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    So there's a new article at Famitsu about Chaos Rings 2 but unfortunately I don't know Japanese. I tried a bit of translation through Babelfish but it didn't really work out real well, plus there are video interviews with two of the people working on the game (or voice actors perhaps) but they speak Japanese and I don't know what they're saying.

Here's the URL:
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/15046852.html

Anyone know what this is about?