Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Since being burned on their "Tower Defense" Lost Earth, which I bought at $5.99 premium to become so IAP dependant that I could not even finish on casual. Therefore if their past and current heavy IAP games are any indication, stay away. STAY AWAY!

You've been warned.

Bad com2us bad!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:28 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Looks like elements have been copied from defense grid. I wish Hidden Path would release Defense Grid 2 for iOS as well.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:39 AM

It can't be all bad, there's a smiley face on the icon. The smilies wouldn't lie to us surely.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh man, have to admit, those graphics are totally drawing me in! And tomorrow is payday, so I think I can probably cover the $.99 cost. Plus, as september mentioned, there is that smiley face on the icon, so how bad could it be?

Although I'm not sure I recall previously having purchased any IAP for tower defense games, unless it was for level packs, maybe? And probably not even then. So, here's hoping that this has enough levels to satisfy my short attention span before hitting any sort of pay wall...
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Oh man, have to admit, those graphics are totally drawing me in! And tomorrow is payday, so I think I can probably cover the $.99 cost. Plus, as september mentioned, there is that smiley face on the icon, so how bad could it be?

Although I'm not sure I recall previously having purchased any IAP for tower defense games, unless it was for level packs, maybe? And probably not even then. So, here's hoping that this has enough levels to satisfy my short attention span before hitting any sort of pay wall...
Well... Good luck, and let us know if there is any paywall, or lack of it.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Well, after spending $.99 and trying it out a dozen times, I have just decided I really do not like this game at all. I thought I was okay at tower defense games, having played what I considered was quite a few from the app store, but this thing kicks my butt way too easily! Seriously, I have never run into a TD game with such a steep learning curve, before. Sure, I'm a casual player, never spending more than ten minutes at a time with any iOS game, but to have to attempt each level so many times before I complete it?? I don't think I'm missing an 'easy' setting - I only see 'Campaign' or 'Hell'. Obviously I chose campaign. Maybe 'hell' is easier?

You're supposed to be able to upgrade towers according to the description, but no idea when I'll be able to, as when I click on a tower I've built, the only two choices I get is to sell, or tower not available. That sucks for me, because making towers stronger has always been a satisfying part of TD games for me, and the money earned from killing enemies generates very slowly in this game so building completely new towers each time is a long waiting game (in which I usually die quickly). I'm lucky to build 4 or 5 towers some of these levels so far. And I'm not used to TD games where you have to scroll so very much to see all of the layout, which would be fine if this game was much easier. Plus learning all the different routes the enemies can take when you try and block them is slowing down my level progress.

I bought some cards I earned with crystals in game, and equipped them, and have seen absolutely no difference in game play thus far. So I'm out of crystals and the icon keeps blinking making me think I have crystals to spend on cards, only to open the shop and realize, no, I don't.

I was hoping at least the graphics would be on par with Anomaly, which could keep me interested in the game, but sadly, no, they aren't.

Obviously, I am missing a LOT to the game, but I just haven't figured it out yet. Can't say that a paywall is blocking my advancement for this game - - I just haven't discovered the right way to play it and I'm too frustrated to keep trying to figure it out.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:46 PM

Default HD play video

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-29-2013, 01:56 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

On sale for $1