Universal Isometric tactical zombie apocalypse game Necromancer coming to ios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Other Worlds Software, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Other Worlds Software

Mar 17, 2014
    #1 Other Worlds Software, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    Hey all, our reverse zombie apocalypse game Necromancer will be coming to iOS

Instead of surviving the zombie apocalypse in a FPS, Necromancer is an isometric tactical game where you are controlling the zombies and causing the apocalypse.

Come check us out, we've got some cool rewards, and we really need your help.

Thanks for reading!

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I like this concept.

3. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    "Come check us out"

Where? Couldn't find a link.

4. Other Worlds Software

Mar 17, 2014
    A moderator removed the link to the campaign, so I suppose it won't help for me to post it again. If you search for "Necromancer" on Kickstarter, it's there! :)

5. Other Worlds Software

Mar 17, 2014
    Ah, psj3809 was very kind and allowed us to put a link in the signature - much appreciated!

6. lukasK

lukasK Active Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Creative Director at 9cubes LTD
    Swindon, United Kingdoms
    #6 lukasK, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    nice with bit of time and money it seems promissing

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This looks kind of... awesome? I like the basic design and the idea of a "reverse zombie-apocalypse". Two things bother me though.

1. you mention stretch goals in the video, but don't describe what (and how much) your stretch goals are

2. Why did you go with the modern theme? It seems everything else (characters, spells/skills, particle effects, and well the basic concept of a necromancer reviving corpses) would fit better in a pure fantasy setting. I know you said the characters are place-holder art, but still, it seems two completely different worlds clash together. This game better has a very good back-story of an awakening ancient evil necromancer or else the whole thing just wont fit together.

8. Other Worlds Software

Mar 17, 2014
    Thanks, we're going to be updating it regularly with some pretty stuff soon. :)

Ah, well we did some research before writing the Kickstarter, and the gist that we got was to not list the stretch goals until you'd hit your funding target. I'm no expert though, do you think they should be on there? Or perhaps just listed here, since you asked?

Honestly, I think the reason was primarily that we have a lot of games planned, and most of them take part in a fantasy setting, so we wanted at least one that wasn't!

We also wanted to kit out the heroes with some iconic weaponry too, we're a big fan of zombie flicks and we've got some particular boomsticks in mind. :)

I'm not adverse to the idea though, I think you're right with the Necromancer raising minions, it is very D&D. I'll have a natter with the rest of the team about it, though, to see how they feel, it is a good point.

9. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Supported devices

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #10 undeadcow, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    I think it's hilarious that Apple is so strict with promo codes that developers can't even definitely promise iOS codes of their own game to Kickstarter backers; but then IGN or Starbucks can mass produce free codes for nation wide promotions.

Hey guys, I'm not a developer or anything but I found an interesting Kickstarter site!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80652106/necromancer

[If the developer wants to quote my post of the link in the original post it might circumvent moderator concern about self promotion]

11. Other Worlds Software

Mar 17, 2014
    iOS, Android, PC, Mac and Linux.

Hey that's an interesting Kickstarter project you found! ;)

We've posted a bunch of new screenshots, as we've implemented a few new features and been buffing up the levels with a bit more polish recently. Please let me know what you think!

12. ToonuvaGames

ToonuvaGames Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Game Developer
    Burlington, Vermont.
    Lovely!!

13. Other Worlds Software

Mar 17, 2014
    Thanks! One of the co-developers did this video earlier, but it's got a few features missing that I want in, so it's not on the kickstarter campaign yet... I suppose this is an exclusive sneak preview of the character's deaths!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHv93IBe0Kw&feature=youtu.be

14. Other Worlds Software

Mar 17, 2014
    Necromancer now has a playable demo!

The demo is single player and 5 levels long and gives you access to half of the zombies and spells, as well as the resource management sections. Any feedback is most welcome!

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Just played trough the demo (twice) and it is quite fun once you get the hang of it.

Glad to see this got successfully funded on Kickstarter, but sorry to hear that you have been "blackmailed" by one of your artists, I hope you sorted that out.

Anyway, keep us posted!

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congratulation to Other World Games on sqeaking by the funding. I'll be looking forward to Necromancer.

Wow. It's gutsy of a computer animator to attempt extortion; I didn't realize they had that kind of power.

17. Videos and screenshots too can't be posted?