Old 03-02-2014, 11:04 AM

Default AirHound (by Sherwin espela)

iPad only
Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 AM

Looks intense
Old 03-21-2014, 04:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I actually bought this hoping for the best. I finally got around to playing it and I'm sad to say I'm pretty disappointed.

It's a dual-stick side-scroller where you pilot a chopper, blow stuff up, and retrieve nukes to save the day. Left stick is for moving and the other for aiming your weapons and firing your gun. There are 8 missions in the campaign and after beating the last one, you unlock survival mode.

Unfortunately, the controls throw me off quite a bit. The left stick is a bit too big for me, but the bigger stinker here is the right stick. It is EXTREMELY sluggish! Moving around is okay but obstacles have rather large hitboxes compared to what you actually see. You can hug the ground and scrape your gun all over the floor but when you touch a box, it blows up immediately dealing a ton of damage. That chopper has a pretty big belly/butt. Enemies will likewise deal blow up and deal damage if you touch them.

Your chopper also has up to 6 missiles at a time which replenish as you blow stuff up. They're also a bit iffy in hitting things but they're fun to use when you have them... and you can get over the sluggish aiming.

Frame rate's closer to around 30 on my iPad 2 and load times are a bit long. There's game center support with a couple of leaderboards and 11 achievements worth 275 points points.

Can't really recommend it. If the dev ever sees this, please speed up aiming, adjust the hitboxes for everything, make easy easier (I couldn't tell the difference between easy and normal), make a gameplay video for your games, and seek out feedback. Thank you for trying with the game though and I wish you more success.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-21-2014, 02:18 PM

Default AirHound Developer

Hi Everyone, I'm the developer of AirHound.

Thanks Echoen for spending time on reviewing the game. I will make sure that the problems you mentioned will be fixed on future version releases.
I am currently working on making the game compatible on iPhone 5S / iPod Touch devices. The performance on iPhone 5S and retina display devices are amazingly fluid. Now that I see how it performs on iPad 2 (I developed the game using iPad mini), then one of my goal is to enhance / optimize the game performance on these devices.

For those who watched the youTube video posted, here's a tip on how to complete a mission:
- Prioritize extracting the "nukes", which is the main objective.
- Donít spend too much time on attacking ground enemies. The chopper is more vulnerable on aerial enemies (same as in real-life). Just skip/pass ground enemies as much as possible.
- Destroying aerial enemies will replenish your rockets. Destroy them first then attack the tanks.
- Destroying Oil Tanks, crates, etc. can replenish Health and Rockets. Also, avoid colliding with them since they inflict huge damage.
- Picking up nukes and dropping them to base will increase Health by up to 50% depending on which mission you are playing.
- Rockets Inventory increases everytime a mission is completed.

Please help me on improving the game to make it the best chopper game on mobile. You can send your comments or feedback to: sherwinjai_espela@yahoo.ca

Thanks for the support!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow, really admire tank games, but worried by bad feedback, anyone else tried this?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:38 AM

Default Gameplay and Promotional Video

I finally had the chance to create a Gameplay and Promotional Vids for the game. For best resolution, watch them on YouTube.

Gameplay Demo:

Promo Video:

Old 05-01-2014, 09:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow, I really like this game. The ship fire is so cool. Everyone try it.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Everyone should try this game. I think underappreciate. It is fun, I play now for 5 hours.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

I forgot all about this one. I remember being put off at first because of the slightly negative review. Looks like there's been some updates since then. I'm going to pick it up now while I'm still thinking about it. I'll try to leave imps later on after I dig into the game a little.