Market Penetration for Various Devices

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by KarlKarlJohn, Apr 8, 2012.

1. KarlKarlJohn

KarlKarlJohn Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I was wondering if anyone knows a good source or how to research data on the market penetration of the various iOS and Android devices. I'm working on developing and releasing my second iOS game and will also be releasing on Android for the first time. In making design decisions I think it would be helpful to know what device the game has the greatest likelihood of being played on, second greatest, third greatest...least greatest.

Most of the information I've been able to find is along the lines of market penetration for all iOS devices vs Android or units sold launch week. I'm more interested in knowing things like how many iPhone 4S are in use compared to the Galaxy Nexus or what percentage of total iPads does each iPad model comprise. Thanks for any help!

2. lolzappan

lolzappan Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Have you looked at the Distimo report? That seems to be quite useful. www.distimo.com

3. KarlKarlJohn

KarlKarlJohn Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Thanks for the links guys. I've also been wanting to look into an analytics tool for tracking sales, after checking out the Distimo link, I might try out their monitor tool. It looks pretty cool and it's free :).