List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes, Little Laurua, my mistake. Maybe Marcin can give impressions as I'm sure he was talking to the developer about the similarity to The Lost City

2. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thank you for the info! Off to download!

3. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  4. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
  5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm still in shock, but here I am 2 1/2 hours after the original post and I managed to get a code. Guess the TA crowd is slacking off today :)

6. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    Thanks!!! :) They translated the title that's why I couldn't find it! What about little Laura? Worth trying?

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    There is a lite version to try but both that and the paid version get terrible reviews in the UK app store.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I tried the lite version and I had lots of issues, including inventory items disappearing even though I hadn't used them. Despite all that I did end up buying the full version just to see if maybe it was a bit more stable, but I have not had a chance to play it yet. Assuming they've finally worked out all the kinks it did seem like it would be an interesting game.

9. Cannot ignore the similarities between Spear of Destiny and The Lost City. It does have longer loading times, but it's not terrible. It is definitely a pretty game. Making me eager for summer.

10. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    So, here I am :) This is not a bad game (but it's super short, it's more like a lite version), and I think if the developer put some work, and own ideas into a new adventure game, it would be much better for him. He has skills, that's for sure.
    I just don't like people who want to make a quick buck, from someone others work.

And a little update about my game - I have most of the game ready, and it will be available in two, or three weeks (with iPad version two weeks later).
    This part is the longest - it has more than 50 different locations (they are placed in a death camp, train, big city, Emperor's palace, and in the past). I love the new, darker atmosphere, where you can really feel the totalitarian state.
    There are few new, and important characters, your old friends, and enemies, and some of the characters are gone (from different reasons).
    There are some new, logical puzzles, and new possibilites (it's the first point&click adventure game I've played, where you can kill almost everyone, and still finish the game).
    And of course, there are locations inside the paintings (as I promised), but there aren't any famous paintings, all of them are made by me, or by my sister.
    You will get all the answers in this episode, and some of them can be really shocking :)

In the meantime, I will update iPad versions of previous parts, with Retina graphics.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This sounds incredible! I can't wait to play it.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #3013 Pepper2427, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    IDAC have release another app similar to AppNavi called Escape Game. Just about all their games are released on one of those apps. I still just get the free one, once a week because at $1.99 per game, in my opinion, they are too expensive

Still working my way through the Spear of Destiny. Found it but just trying to figure out the sequence of switches

Looking forward to the release Marcin. Not long to go now

New release Egypt The Heliopolis Prophecy by Microids.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's the link for the HD version (universal): Egypt The Heliopolis Prophecy HD. That's interesting to note about IDAC. I had pretty much given up on them anyway, I was just curious. I really don't like the concept of one launcher App, since you never really know how much space the games are taking up.

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for the link, again!

You are now able to check how much MB each app takes up on your idevice under settings, about and usage. Every so often I delete AppNavi as it gets a bit large and then just reinstall it

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I just deleted Appnavi to make more space. I went to reinstall and can't find it!!!! I hope my head is playing games on me! Please someone post a link and tell me this is a bad joke:(

Btw it shows in appshopper but if you click on link to buy.....no luck.

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Not on uk app store either!! Is it on your purchase history on your iPad so you can download it that way?

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    True, but it's such a pain to load the usage list (at least with as many games as I have). Besides, the last few IDAC games I played bored me rather quickly.

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    It did take me a while to find it on the list but it is do-able if an app has been deleted.

I still like the escape games and look forward to the release on Wednesdayof the freebie because its my day off. I have noticed that the last few have had quite a few bugs which is quite annoying. If a password is right, I expect it to work without having to shut down the app and then go back in. They are hard enough without that

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    No! :eek: