Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-26-2013, 01:34 PM

I found this game really compelling. I never thought this genre of game would work on a touch device, but it's made to feel like a natural fit here.

I played a few games, started unlock runes and put my build together. I'm using earth mastery to increase the number of drops I get, I'm using boulder so I can snipe those drops when they turn up, and I'm using ice mastery so I always start with enough mana to use boulder.

Things really started to snowball for me once I unlocked the second difficulty on the earth map. I got so many more coins that I could start unlocking more levels and difficultys. I'm currently trying hard mode on the earth map to get master runes, but the hazards come so thick and fast that even when they turn up I struggle to get them

Between the difficulty ramping up well, and different maps having different challenges (I'm too scared to go back to the metal map) I think there's still a good amount of play left in this game
Old 09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hey man, really glad you're enjoying it! There's nothing better for a games dev than hearing people say they're having fun playing your game

That's a really solid early game build - you got your mana, your offense and your loot chance sorted - but like you've noticed, things step up a notch on hard level and they just go ballistic on hardcore so keep exploring the combinations - hard and hardcore are definitely do-able but I don't want to ruin the fun by telling you how to do it! Thanks for playing
Old 09-26-2013, 02:56 PM

We'll that sucks that the 5S isn't supported yet
Old 09-26-2013, 03:59 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Yeah it's crap - we tested the game on an iPhone 5 a month or so ago and it was all fine and then iOS 7 came out and changed a few things. Basically Unity doesn't recognise the iPhone 5s, but we changed the way the game works out what device it's on to work around that.

The update is in review so if you just leave it on your phone - when it gets approved (hopefully in the next couple of days) it'll prompt you to update.

K
Old 09-26-2013, 06:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I found this game really compelling. I never thought this genre of game would work on a touch device, but it's made to feel like a natural fit here.

I played a few games, started unlock runes and put my build together. I'm using earth mastery to increase the number of drops I get, I'm using boulder so I can snipe those drops when they turn up, and I'm using ice mastery so I always start with enough mana to use boulder.

Things really started to snowball for me once I unlocked the second difficulty on the earth map. I got so many more coins that I could start unlocking more levels and difficultys. I'm currently trying hard mode on the earth map to get master runes, but the hazards come so thick and fast that even when they turn up I struggle to get them

Between the difficulty ramping up well, and different maps having different challenges (I'm too scared to go back to the metal map) I think there's still a good amount of play left in this game
That's an amazing mini-review, Snotty! It's pretty spot on with what i hoped people would pick up on and explore. I tried catching up to your high score but .. well.. you're better at my own game it appears :|

I hope Toucharcade will give the game a 2nd look and a proper review than the 1st 5 minutes of the game. As Snotty pointed out.. a lot of gameplay to be had!

On another note: Has anyone tried out the enchanting tab in the shop yet? Give your items a random enchantment!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 AM
iPad mini

Is there anyway to unlock another difficulty other than coins?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Not at the moment. We wanted to implement a quest system so that players get a more story like entry to the five levels but we ran out of time. It takes me about an hour to unlock all the levels though - no IAP. And I can usually get to hard level in about 2-3 hours. The whole trick is to get the right combination of runes/items to enable you to get a lot of gold really quickly.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:35 PM

Wel my score got smashed in no time.

I'm glad to see there are plenty of people out there who want to see what this game is about
Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I was really enjoying the game so far. Decided to purchase a coin pack, mostly to support it and also to remove the loading screen ads. Now, however, I have a constant banner ad at the bottom of the screen. I'm playing on the smaller-screened 4S, and this is ridiculous - I can't press the bottom buttons without triggering the ad half the time, and all after I paid!!