Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I call bull spit.

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I don't mind that as much as the bad reviews that state that the app in question won't work on their antiquated device and therefore it's bad.

3. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Just finished Episode 5... It hurts knowing a game this great will take a long while to make a follow up to.

I'm not going to keep it on my phone ... Ill just save my choices on my phone's notepad and go the other way next time.

I still can't believe how bad the game tried to make me feel when I dropped that one guy.

4. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Lol.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #605 backtothis, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Finished the 4th episode of Walking Dead. Pretty abrupt cutoff. Don't want the game to end already, damn. One more section..

I'm surprised so few people let Ben die. The game does indeed try to make you feel like shit.

I've been pretty surprised at times seeing how the decision polls turned out at the end of each episode of Walking Dead.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Wow, episode 5 of Walking Dead was incredibly short. I'm surprised it offered nearly no answers. Guess that's where the sequel comes in. The events in this last section were definitely all pretty predictable. Doesn't mean it wasn't a powerful and emotional ride though. Took about 10 hours to beat the whole game. I'll replay it all one day. Very happy I took the time to experience TellTale's Walking Dead. I haven't ran through a single-player game of this length so fast in years. Started it just last Friday.

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Short but fantastic. The polls were surprising to me as well, I may have went about it all rather heartlessly but still, surely someone else dropped Ben.. Lol

8. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I also thought Episode 5 was a bit short and not as satisfying as I thought it would be after going through the rest of the game. Still excellent though.

I think it's kind of weird that they tracked the decision branches in the game. It seemed like what they were trying to do with the data from each episode was to make the later episodes more morally ambiguous, but it seems in most cases like they got farther away from 50/50 as the game progressed rather than closer.

What I gathered from I saw was that most people made choices that had immediate positive moral repercussions. I think the developers probably should have made both choices appear more similar in that regard. As it stood, there was usually a logical choice and a moral one, for lack of a better description. The anomaly I found is that I think most people did not shoot the woman so that they'd get more time to raid the drug store.

I'm also a bit curious about how representative the findings are because I'd suspect most people who play the game more than once are going to deliberately make choices they wouldn't instinctively make on additional playthroughs. For example, if 70 percent of people are charted as saving one person over another, does that really mean that 90 percent of people who only play the game once did so and the 20 percent drop is accounted for by experimental runs? When I play again, Lee's going to be one mean dude, that's for sure.

9. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I lost the balls to be a hardass after some of the earlier decisions came back to haunt me. Sad, I know.

But I'm sure as hell glad I killed both of those damn brothers.

10. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Anyone know how much space all five episodes take up?

11. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Quite a lot, mine is 2.3GB

12. Master Ows

Master Ows New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Don't know why everyone is saying that it doesn't work with the iPod 4G. I have a iPod 4G and it works just fine on it, sure it lags now and then but it is still very much playable.

13. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I think it's all relative. I was leery about downloading it, but it plays fine for me as well, even on my iPad 1!:eek:

Sure, it's a bit laggy in spots, but not terrible, considering.;):)

DBC

14. simmolick

simmolick Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Animation Boss
    Spain
    Hey,
    ..you and Mater Ows say that, ok. But...it is playble for all episodes, or just for the first one?
    Please answare, because i want to play this game..but till the end, not just the first episode.

15. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Interesting news. According to Telltale writer Gary Whitta, It sounds like there will be some sort of interim Walking Dead additional content coming "to make the wait for season two slightly less agonising.”

16. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Episode 5 never downloads. Oh well. That was more than 2 months ago though :p

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anyone who has played at least a little bit of Telltale's The Walking Dead and says he doesnt like the game is a complete idiot and only has pixels for a brain.

There... I said it.

18. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    There's really nothing to not like. Great game. It's feels good to know that my brain is more than just pixels

19. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    This is good news!

20. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Hi just a question about the pricing. I live in the UK and want to purchase all the episodes. In iTunes the inapp purchase section says its £6.99 for episodes 2-5, but in game it just says $14.99 for episodes 2-5. I only have £7 left on my iTunes account and I'm afraid of being overcharged. Can anyone clarify for me please? Thanks a lot.