So...Glu is the reason do many of my facorite games have vanished.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I had no idea Glu went on such a spending spree. Long story short(er)...I figured out why Dungeon Solitaire was no longer on the appstore. Well, Glu bought that studio, and being the asses that they are, decided to pull it. They also bought the studio behind Spyro the Dragon...I bet they developed Glyder, another of my old favorites. I found out Beat It!, one of my favorite music games was published by Glu. Ehh, just check wikipedia for Griptonite games; they had some damn good IP that fell into the hands of Glu.

The funny thing is...I never see any of Glu's games listed in the top grossing section. That golden brick road of iaps seems to be tarnishing for them. Thank goodness.

The only thing worse than lousy publishers are lousy publishers who buy great ones.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Dungeon Solitaire was never well-balanced anyway. The base game was okay. But all of the add-on packs were terribly broken and the devs never changed it for over a year.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    * Pines for Glyder 3 * :(

4. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    that's true.

i was quite disappointed when the zombie smash dev got bought by zynga, of all companies, and shelved any plans for a zombie smash sequel.

5. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    these are some pretty funny companies.
    gameloft copy big titles of other platformers.
    Glu copy other phone games.
    Triniti keep making bad games---somehow, they make all their games in a same quality, same bad, not too bad.

6. bonesquad

bonesquad Member

Jan 15, 2012
    A couple years ago or so I got this game called Beat It! that was a lot of fun. You listen to a beat and then had to recreate it. The game's still on my phone even. It was put out by a company I never heard of before at the time... Glu. What happened? You can't even find that game on the app store anymore.