ClassicGP update

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Oberon3d, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Oberon3d

Oberon3d Member

Sep 17, 2009
    #1 Oberon3d, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    Hi.

The new 1.2 update for ClassicGP is now finished and should be available free to update on the appstore quite soon.

Thanks to all the people who helped me improve the game with their comments.

Check out some of the images of this update with the new car included.

[​IMG]

And some screens of this new car ingame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some screens of the currently available v1.1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out all screenshots and artwork for the game in the Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ClassicGP/108116295881405

Or find it in the Itunes store:
    http://itunes.com/apps/classicgp

2. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Can you tell us a bit more about what is in the update? (Other than the new cars which I must say look the dog's danglers and will be the main reason for me to finally buy this)

3. meanstreak

meanstreak Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Independent game designer
    Toronto
    Those cars look fantastic! Nice job!

4. Oberon3d

Oberon3d Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi.

I have changed the handling a lot based on the feedback from the previous releases. It used to be auto accelerated but now you have full control. You can accelerate, lift to slow down a bit or use the brake.

I have also fixed the infamous missing laps counter bug.

There have also been loads of changes to the AI behaviour and the way they accelerate and move around. Not a single race is the same. Sometimes they can be easy to win some times they can go all the way to the last corner.

In general the game is still quite arcade as the graphics suggest but I have made it more based on your game skill and not as random as the first release. It definitively pays off to take the inside line to overtake.

I hope you like it. I will continue to modify it based on user feedback and also add some extra content.

5. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    #5 'Jeep, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    Thank you for the details, DLing as I type. I'll play a bit with the current (1 March) build before trying out the new one!:)

Oh bummer Jorge, you got me there. I played the lite version a month ago, and now that I bought the full version I realise that unlike the lite version, the full game is ipod touch 2nd gen and over only... Why oh why??? :(

6. Oberon3d

Oberon3d Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi jeep

do you mean you can't play?

I don't see why there should be any different restrictions between versions. Let me check it and I will come back to you.

7. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    #7 'Jeep, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
    hi Oberon
    the game will not sync with my iPod 1st gen. You have to specify it is compatible with all devices I think otherwise apple will do this. The requirements for the lite are any device but the full is currently set to 2nd gen iPod and above. This should only be a matter of changing the settings for the app on the app store and does not necessitate a resubmission to apple. It has happened to quite a few devs and apple has usually quickly modified the spec so that the app can be dl'ed and reinstalled to work for all users. Good luc and thanks for checking!

8. Oberon3d

Oberon3d Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi jeep

I will make sure I will change that in the update settings.
    Hopefuly you will be fine in less than a week.

Thanks for pointing this out.

9. Oberon3d

Oberon3d Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi.

BTW the new update has a new icon. Hope you like it

[​IMG]

10. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Icon is gorgeous, still waiting for 1st gen compatibility....
    "When uploading your app to iTunes Connect, you have been asked what your app is compatible with (or at least I have been). It seems like you selected 'iPhone & iPod touch (2nd gen)'. I suggest you dive into iTunes Connect and check if you can change the compatibility settings (maybe look into the iTunes Connect manual).

/edit: seems like they changed it. You now have to change your app's Info.plist and therefore upload a new binary."

It used to be much easier... :(