Natural Born Soldier

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dontonka, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontonka

dontonka Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Indie Game Developer (www.naturalbornsoldier.com)
    Montreal, Canada
    #1 dontonka, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Hello guys, my name is Eric Lajeunesse and I’m a solo indie game developer building a cool and fun FPS for iOS platform:

Natural Born Soldier

[​IMG]

I have played couple FPS on iPhone, like NOVA3 and some others, which has very cool aspects, but some aspects of the game pissed me off, like playing against player that has a lot add-on, and basically you cannot kill him since he has better weapon or is flying like crazy :). So I decided to build my own FPS for fun, too overcome those bad aspects, and it is now becoming in good shape (after almost 2 years of development) and I will release it this year.

Main features:
    • Fast paced action shooter.
    • Multiplayer focus, 3 game modes (more to be added), 4 weapons (more to be added soon)
    • Mario-kart style game selection and voting.
    • Friends and leaderboard.
    • Fair game-play.
    Slow-motion pickups. This is kind of cool and change the game play for couples of second.
    • Easy, intuitive and customization controls. (MFi controller just completed!)
    • Stable, and reliable servers (Photon Cloud)
    • Push the player customization to another level for mobile, you can customize your 3D character with your own face or avatar!

Here a short video I made recently, not a trailer of course, but it give an idea :).

I’m not saying that this game will beat MD5 or NOVA3 in all aspects, but some for sure ;). It will definitely give nice entertainment :).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated :), and BTW Beta testing is coming soon, you can register on
    www.naturalbornsoldier.com

Cheers,
    Eric

2. Birdman47

Birdman47 Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Sounds Great. Looking forward to it!

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    The game reminds me a little of Trigger Fist (the dog carring mode is similar to the one in TF were you carry a goat) and I like the idea of adding a photo, paint me interested.

4. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    #4 dontonka, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Thanks guys.

@TheOutlander: Indeed, this idea came originally from TF, which was my preferred game mode actually. I wanted to bring back similar idea, but on an FPS instead of 3rdPS :).

Tow constraints happen when you are carrying the dog:
    - You cannot run (as in TF, mobility is diminished)
    - If a team kills the dog, they loose. This means player must not shoot like crazy at the dog carrier, otherwise they might kill the dog :), and loose the team winning points.

Cheers,
    Eric

5. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    This game looks like it has potential. I'll keep my eye on it and hope for a release soon. Good luck with it!

6. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    @Lift_the_Camel: You can help me by registering you for Beta testing, which I'll try to make a first run hopefully this month, otherwise for sure in April. I might do more than one Beta run, according to feedback I will be receiving and issues we encounter.

Thanks.
    Eric

7. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I would love to help out by being a beta tester, but I am starting an intense school course and won't have much spare time in the next few months.

8. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Ok no problem, but you can still register and if you don't have time when the Beta occurs, you don't participate and that's fine :), there's really no obligation, and even if you participate in the Beta, if you don't want to comment anything or don't have time to write me an email to give me your comment/suggestion/bugs, that's ok.

Finally, keep in mind that Beta testing in my game is not more than about 30 min. of your time. Basically once you registered, I will send an email maybe a week before Beta test will happen to all players, and I'll define one or two 1 hour window to play so that we can all play in multiplayer, which is mainly what I want to test, and Beta testers will join when they want during that time if they can. Afterward, I wish some of you would send me an email with their comments or suggestions, or simply even post it here on the forum.

Cheers,
    Eric

9. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Hey TouchArcade community, I was thinking adding a self promotion feature, such that if you enjoy Natural Born Soldier, and you bring one or more friends in, you got rewarded (reward to be think about, I was thinking a cool weapon which cannot be earn otherwise).

Would that be interesting?