Ravensword Expansions, what would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Goose, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Simple, title says all. I know we're excited about it coming out today, but I'm equally excited about what is to come. So post your suggestions, what you'd like to see in an upcoming expac.

For me:
    - Classes, especially a mage class.
    - More than one attack, like maybe 3 would be nice.
    - Talent trees (not essential, just a great feature of good rpgs)

Lets hear your thoughts.

2. Lupus

Lupus Active Member

Oct 10, 2009
    They can add a way to contribute user-made content like... books in a library that can be downloaded to other devices from a server maybe? After a few months, they can pick the best story and make sidequests out of it or something.

Aside from that, maybe a combo attack or something, or an attack that will blow the enemy away if its a killing blow, that effect never fails to amuse me in oblivion. Just posting random ideas...

3. ipodtouchfan21

ipodtouchfan21 Active Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Manage the German iPhone News and Review Website T
    Germany
    i agree with your points
    as class i would love to play as a dwarf
    so there schould be different characters or classes like rogue, mage, dwarfs, elves or something like that
    more citys woul be nice and more life in the game, i mean more different people which do there daily work and with which you can interact with.
    also i would like to see in the game things like break into houses and be thief just like in oblivion etc.
    i played it know for a short time and it´s a great game specially because it was made by two persons!!!

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    :)

Looking forward to hearing everyone's suggestions.
    A few big ones that we know we are adding are skills and spell casting.
    Definitely want to add blocking and shield stuff - I think that would make the combat much more interesting. We're even talking about a co-op multiplayer adventure mode! Shhhhh.... Don't tell Russ I said that!

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

- bigger world and if possible without connections, as this doesen't give you such a free feeling!

-more magic! Come on, fireballs and lightning rock! :D (Play gothic!)

-more weapons - you just want to stab your enemys in different ways, right? :p

6. ipodtouchfan21

ipodtouchfan21 Active Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Manage the German iPhone News and Review Website T
    Germany
    #6 ipodtouchfan21, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    Hey josh that sounds great
    yeah ravensword realy need skills
    and maybe you could play the co op multyplayer mode over bluetooth and over w-Lan lokal and over w-Lan world wide

yes magic is very important;)
    and more and bigger cittys with more people in it
    also the people should walk around and not only stand
    @Der Kleine
    Gothic is a fantastic RPG;):D
    do you played the new one from piranha bites risen?
    sorry for off topic

7. RoyalCanadian

RoyalCanadian Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    BUYING HOUSES and character creation

i want to be able to edit my chatacters face and how fat/skinny he is

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I played the demo of risen, but it didn't run well with the nvidia geforce 7600 go (the 7xxx series has a bug that makes that game look verry grey and collourless! :( )
    I don't know how it will run now with the ATI x700 mobile, but I'll download it again on steam now!)

Back on Topic:
    For the magic, you could make some dark caves and then you could use some magic to get a light that would light the cave! (I'm not a dev, but maybe if the game turns down the draw distance and makes stuff out of the draw distance balck, you'd just have to get the bit between stuff you can see & stuff you can't see right!)

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Not sure if you guys follow our Twitter but we just signed on an artist from Bethesda's "Elder Scrolls" series to work on the Ravensword Expansion pack.
    He's been concepting new ideas for the past week.

10. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    I'm not sure how to say this but it all comes down to making the game more RPG like, and that's about it. I could give examples but I think you know what I mean, stats, loots, skills and so on. Everything else is fine, and very well done. Achievements would be nice too.

Thanks.

11. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    So is the expansion going to be a free update or DLC?

Just curious.

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Not exactly sure yet - the expansion could be an entirely seperate game (much larger)

I think we're doing an update in between though - but looking for suggestions now.

13. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    WOW, that's great news Josh. I'm also very glad you'd like to add some spell casting, I'm a mage at heart :D

another little thing, maybe in the ui settings, but the option to zoom out a little in the 3rd person view would be really nice.

14. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    wow great news

some portals would be great so you dont have to run the howl way

15. canpop

canpop Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Id prefer it to be all one game as that would mean buying and playing the game again. It should just resume where I left off.
    Id love mnore multiplayer options and also to be able to buy things like houses, a family and customise stuff.

16. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    :DDDD I love the game so far!

Definitely would like some kind of city to perform quests in... TES fans would die for that. A decent amount of dialogue, but i liked how you kept it short and sweet. Keeps the attention.
    More items! :)
    Character customization
    Option to have FPV as default (or maybe that could be an update)
    But definitely a city!

17. enkein

enkein Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Latvia , Riga
    What I really whant in expansion is more smoother movement :) And all this things that already was said :)

18. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Three things I would like to see:

-Alchemy (pickable plants that you combine 2 or more of to make potions)

-Mage class (more magic)

-A large city with more quests (from guilds maybe?)

19. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    More classes, especially mage. Then female characters to play with, big city and alchemy

20. kahdmus

kahdmus Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Guys the game is really wonderful, the graphics are beautiful, the palette is perfect, the music is charming, the sense of exploration etc are all what I want from this type of game. However, before an expansion, there definitely are minor things that could be changed/optimized that collectively would greatly enhance the overall experience:

1) Doorways - can doorways be clicked to open? having user input to open doors would stop a lot of frustration from constantly going back and forth on accident (minor nit but would make a difference over course of game)

2) Health bars over mobs - Do I even have a chance if I continue to hack away at this skeleton or should I try to leg it now while I have a chance?

3) Mobs don't attack until you are in a closer range -Mobs currently pull from within a really wide radius, way before I can see them given the draw-distance on my 3G. It would be nice to be able to shoot an arrow at a non-aggro'ed mob and get the first hit prior to it charging. This is possibly top of my wish list.

4) Option to auto-target mobs that are attacking - When a mob attacks, as long as you are not already engaged in a fight, it would be nice to automatically lock-on instead of spinning around trying to find the source of the snarling, gnashing and rapidly depleting health bar.

5) Option to distribute skill points to stats. 'nough said on this one already.

Thanks again for an amazing game it deserves even more praise than its already garnered and its amazing to think that two chaps pulled this off themselves without the resources of a huge studio...really astonishing!