Full colour product page on iTunes?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

I have noticed that several companies have full coloured and designed product pages displayed on iTunes. I am trying to figure the process of creating such a page myself. Has anyone gone through this process. Looking through the information provided by iTunes the only reference I can find is the screen size ( 900 x 530 ) PSA. Has anyone attempted to customize their product page?

For example: Scrabble has such a page

Does someone have the guidelines handy to create such a page?

Jeff

2. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

It's much like getting featured on the homepage of iTunes and chosen to be featured on the handset; Apple will contact you and give you specs for the art required. One of our games, Star Hogs got the illustrious full page art and we had nothing to do with it other than passing the artwork off to Apple. Apple decides what gets featured and what doesn't. Make great games and you'll get noticed (sounds easy I know, but it isn't!).

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Apple must contact you about it. They choose who gets custom page designs in their description.

4. Syndicated Puzzles

I was wondering why a select few had the privilege of using colour. I am glad I posted here since I was going to create the page myself. Thanks for the info. I now officially feel like one of the guys in the ditch waitng for Godot to come along.

5. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Waiting for Godot?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot ??
    :confused:

6. Syndicated Puzzles

I was forced to read this book during my school days on two different continents so I automatically presumed everyone else here had to analyse Pozzo's and Lucky's wait in the ditch.

7. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    that's interesting, I always supposed that custom pages were a sort of advertisement paid by developers.