App request: Sea Monkeys

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by grub00, Jan 12, 2010.

1. grub00

grub00 New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I keep checking the app store but I haven't seen this yet. It seems like a no- brainer to me. Its a nostalgia based app, so there is a built in market for it. It has brand recognition. There are other pet-care apps out there already, but no sea monkeys. I'll buy it, and I bet a lot of other people would too.

2. Sea-Monkeys is registered trademark, so you would have to make a deal with the company that owns the trademark, which appears to be Transcience.

3. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    YES PLEASE.

I'm not one to remember the old days of sea monkeys, but I got obsessed with them for a while. I had like 3 tanks at one point. I had bought some normal brine shrimp too, and eventually they all just started breeding and I stuck them all in a big tank. After 2 years they started dying out, and there wasn't a need to feed them, since they had gardens of algae growing all the place(and they LOVED it). I'm really not sure if they're still alive today. Haven't dumped out the tank just in case, and every once in a while I drop food in there, again just in case.

Like I said above, they are just Brine Shrimp though. Make an app and call it My L'il Shrimpies, and you're good to go.