BrainWhiz Puzzle Game - Ideas/suggestions

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lizaoreo, Apr 9, 2009.

1. lizaoreo

lizaoreo New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Me and my brother are planning on making a puzzle game for the iPhone. We plan on having a lot of variety in the puzzles, something I haven't seen too much of on puzzle games for the iPhone, most seem to concentrate on one type of puzzle. We also don't plan on having a story like the Professor Layton games, but just a pick a puzzle and do it style interface.

What I'm looking for right now is peoples suggestions on what works and what doesn't work based on their experience with other puzzle games, or any games that may relate, that are already out on the iPhone. I'm looking for thoughts on a good interface/menu system in particular at the moment, but anything else that may make or break a game like what we're looking to make.

Also, any suggestions on features and the like are welcome as well.

If you have a puzzle you'd like to see, you can obviously let us know about that as well.

Thanks for the help :)

2. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I can't help but notice that the ideals you emphasized are also seen in trism. But one thing that can really make or break a game is graphics. Make sure you have great graphics and a great icon. If those two are missing, you are never going to sell your app. Get someone who is skilled. try out graphicpeel or lurk around the services for trade section.

3. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    #3 anduril_ukr, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
    graphical style and good music will really set it apart. interactive puzzles that take advantage of the interface would be good also
    some puzzles perhaps - tangrams, logic, lateral thinking, pentomino, cross the river, math . . .

4. lizaoreo

lizaoreo New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    @indy Thanks, good ideas. Graphics are important. I'll check out the site you gave me and the services for trade section.

@anduril I hadn't even thought of music... I usually play with my iPhone on silent :) Thanks for the suggestion, will defiently have to find somewhere or someone to make up some music, and sound effects for that matter.
    Thanks for the puzzle ideas. I had already thought about doing logic, lateral thinking, and math puzzles, amoung some others of the sort. I like nice hard puzzles that really make you think.

5. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    seems like we both like similar types of puzzles (i enjoys hard puzzles that make you think, especially like logic, lateral thinking, and math of the ones i listed:)) looking forward to this . . .

6. fliming

fliming New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Hmm, can't say I agree with the RC. Scribblenauts had horrible controls and was a bit glitchy. PL2's my choice, at least.