[Bad Days Studio] Airborne Troopers: September 8th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Linart, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    #1 Linart, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    Airborne troopers is a side scrolling fighting game developed by Linart, where the goal is to get as many kills as you can.

---------------------
    The game will include three maps at the release date, 4 weapons, and a ton of fun.

The game is simple, you are dropped in the map of your choice with up to 5 NPCs (or 3 local friends) and you simply need to kill your opponents. It's free for all, and if a player get killed (or you) he gets re spawned. You choose the length of the game (between 5 and 20 minutes). NPCs have three level of difficulty and 2 personality (aggressive or more protective).

The game include a local multiplayer mode (via wifi) where you fight agains't three opponents (local friend or NPC). And depending of it's success, it may include an online multiplayer mode at some point.

The game should come out in a month or less.

Here's some screen shot (no in game, those will come shortly in a promo trailer). Everything you see may change during the final touches.

The game Will include the ipad and iphone 4 version.

The first map, named : The cliff
    [​IMG]

The second one named : The Temple (very wip, still a lot to do)
    [​IMG]

the character you play
    [​IMG]

the game creation menu
    [​IMG]

--- Video section ---

AI demo, not real game view.

Overview of Map 1

Overview Of Map 2

Overview of map 3

Gameplay

I'll include more in the next week and a trailer should come out very soon.
    Please take note that this game is a one man show. I did everything, from ground to roof. Suggestions are more than welcome.

This game is developed with SIO2 interactive.
    Ian, linart.

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Looks amazing! Will it be side scroll or First Person?

3. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    It's a side scroller, and thanks!

4. Greensheep

Greensheep Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    none at the time
    woah! this looks crazy! It sorta reminds me of the smash bros games:) I havent seen anything like this on the app store yet.

5. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Good to know, I sent you a PM. It would be nice if you could possible respond! Thanks Ian.

6. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    Looks amazing! ;)

7. Greensheep

Greensheep Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    none at the time
    man and only a one man team too. You've got some skill! Have you decided on a price yet?

8. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Will there be melee attacks? Is it similar to Super Smash Bros?

9. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Some more infos

Hey I forget to say, controls a fully adjustable.

Weapons are : Riffle, bazooka, Laser thing, grenades.

Here's some more screen shot

Options
    [​IMG]

Spawn Screen
    [​IMG]

In game Map 1
    [​IMG]

Ian

10. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    #10 Linart, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    Hey thanks a lot. A lot of patience You should say. I'm working on that since.. September 2009. For the price iIm not sure yet. Since I'm on working it like crazy for almost a year, I don't want it to be 99 cents but I know it's hard to get known these days when you sell for more than 99 cents. I don,t think it have a chance to be more than 2,99. But hey, you're the consumers. You guys should tell me how much this product worth.

What do you mean? (sorry I'm french Canadian, so my english can be glitchy at some point. And i don,t remember super smash very much.

11. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Melee is like fighting with swords, canes, axes, knives, and things. Basically a weapon that is for close combat.

Super Smash Bros. was like a game where you had hand-to-hand fighting in addition to shooting and special attacks. I've really been hoping someone could come up with a game similar to it for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

12. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Will it use GameCenter or OpenFeint?

13. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Ok, well not for the release. ( I still got a lot to do and if i add some stuff on my list I will never release it) But I promise that i will consider adding melee weapon in my game in an update.

14. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    #14 Kunning, Jul 17, 2010
    I dislike online leaderboards unless they're really integrated into the game well. OpenFeint's really tacky in my opinion since it pops up with random things while I'm playing.

15. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    For the scores I'm using open feint for now. for multiplayer it's all home made. I don't use any apis for it.

16. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    If the scores are going to be local (if i'm correct) then why us Open Feint? - Also from my knowledge of the AppStore not many people are keen on Open Feint or any Social integration for that matter. But hey, your the Developer. ;)

17. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Well openfeint is really fast for integration. no need to code a lot of stuff and all graphics are already done. I will use game center but only when it will be released. For now open feint does the job.

18. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Any estimate of when you'll be able to release a trailer? This game has really gotten me interested.

19. Linart

Linart Active Member

Dec 4, 2008
    #19 Linart, Jul 17, 2010
    I would like, but my it's my partner that does it, so I don't want to talk for himself. well.. I'll ask...

Ok, he says 2 weeks for a deadline (could be sooner) But tis is a big job too! hehe. I will probably shot something (not a trailer but something short in game in the next week).

20. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Woah! Art style looks fantastic and the basic idea behind it is great! Goty eyes on this thread. Is it close to being done, or there still more to be developed?