Umbra Corps - Red Dawn

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HanulTech, Jun 10, 2010.

1. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    #1 HanulTech, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    Umbra Corps - Red Dawn is awaiting approval on the App Store.

Here is an new game trailer giving a more in-depth look at combat in the game as well as the weapon systems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqUYv0XJWIE

Here is a new partial environment walkthrough video for Umbra Corps Red Dawn 2. This new mission will be available as an update following the release of Umbra Corps (which should be within the next days or so). The release of this new update should be available on the App Store by June 21:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGiebxAkwA

Here is original game trailer on YouTube:

(Updated Link)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toiu0I-7EDM

Please let us know what you think.

-HanulTech

2. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    iPhoGame Dev. inc just called and they want the game engine back that was used in their game Grave Robbers that used to be on the appstore and got pulled for some unknown reason.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere

Tada! Imbedded!

And aside from the strange controls, this actually looks like a pretty cool game.

4. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    copy of this game it looks identical except for different environment. even the heroine looks the same but has different hair.

http://www.iphogame.com/graves-robber.htm

5. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Uhmm, Radchad1, you should take a look here:

http://www.3rdt.com

Before accusing anyone of stealing anything. Wasn't aware of that game. Looks pretty cool, though.

6. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Somerandomdude, thanks for kind words!

7. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, it actually looks pretty fun aside from those controls. A bit of tweaking and I could see this being a pretty good game.

And I thought it looked familiar...

8. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    3drt.com's stuff is great and has found its way into several games on the App Store. For example, 7DA Zombie Hunter uses their zombies, as do a few others. They do great work.

Regarding the controls, they are similar to Modern Combat's: left stick to move vertically and horizontally, and swiping horizontally and vertically to rotate the player and aim weapons. In this game, the swipe rotation speed automatically varies depending on whether you are moving and whether the laser sight is on off. When the laser sight is on, the rotation is very precise allowing for better aiming. I liked this approach over the traditional dual stick configuration because it allows both rapid rotation and fine grained aiming. I actually went with the dual sticks to start, and since they are already there in the game, I will probably just make them an option.

When the game is approved, I'll send you a promo code to try it out. I would interested to hear what you think.

9. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Not too sure what I should be reading on this site. Can you give me a direct link on what I should be looking for on it?

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Thanks for the code!

But my complaint with controls is the button placement. Placing the action buttons above the v-stick is a pretty awkward layout. Most players, me included, like having all of the buttons on the opposite side of the movement area, therefore we can move and perform the actions at the same time.

11. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
  12. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Okay, I see. I put them over there so that there would a large open area for the rotation swipe without accidentally pressing them, but I definitely take your point. Anyway, I'll send you the code when the game is out so you can try it out directly. Thanks.

13. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois

I apologize I had no idea that those models had been created and multiple developers had been using the models and main heroine model. I do apologize for making it sound like you blantly stole the game. Good luck with you're game.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    The best workaround for that is custom controls. Either presets or being able to manually move the controls, like in Zombie Infection and Zenonia 2 would be fine. It just allows the player to choose the most effect way to control the game, rather than just the developer guessing what the best way would be.

15. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    No problem at all. Frankly, I would have concluded the same thing. And please let me apologize for my rather snooty reply in response. Take care.

16. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Additional Game Info

More information on the upcoming release of Umbra Corps can be found on our web site:

www.hanultech.com

17. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    New Game Trailer Showing Combat and Weapon Systems In-Depth

Here is an new game trailer giving a more in-depth look at combat in the game as well as the weapon systems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqUYv0XJWIE

Please not that the videos depict actual 2nd generation device quality as opposed to 3GS, iPad, or PC quality. An HD version of Umbra Corps will be made available later in June.

18. HanulTech

HanulTech Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Environment Walkthrough Video for Umbra Corps Red Dawn 2 Mission

Here is a new partial environment walkthrough video for Umbra Corps Red Dawn 2. This new mission will be available as an update following the release of Umbra Corps (which should be within the next days or so). The release of this new update should be available on the App Store by June 21:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGiebxAkwA

19. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    It's out:
    [thread]57728[/thread]