Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Damn how do you guys get so many candies per mini case? You have 20 gold coins lined up? I can barely get 10. And then the mystery candy when it appears always seems really out of reach.
I take advantage of the skill that lets you swap two tiles, and I have it fully upgraded. I try to get the case done as quickly as possible so I have lots of extra moves left. Then I try to only do moves that will get me at least 1 gold coin.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 PM

What is the maximum number of multipliers and candies you can fit in at the same time you have been able to achieve?

I just (now) got a game with 4 candies (1 from mystery candy and 3 candies for matching 30 coins). Previously, I was only able to get 3 candies max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shira View Post
Oh, strange. I've never had that happen? I'll have to keep an eye out to see what happens. And I just tested the multipliers and candy thing, since I hadn't seen Snotty128's post. I had 5 multipliers, too. :P
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 PM

I'm not ashamed to say that I struggle to get 10 coins sometimes, so you're not alone Lawliet
Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shira View Post
I take advantage of the skill that lets you swap two tiles, and I have it fully upgraded. I try to get the case done as quickly as possible so I have lots of extra moves left. Then I try to only do moves that will get me at least 1 gold coin.
That is my favorite skill! though it takes 5 keys for me to do those. How much does the maxed out one cost per use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I'm not ashamed to say that I struggle to get 10 coins sometimes, so you're not alone Lawliet
lol.. I guess I'm still a junior detective B) <-- sunglasses smiley
Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 PM

Here is a newspaper case for your enjoyment:

6 candy pieces in one case.

Some specifics:

1. NO USE of tools beyond what you can buy PRIOR to the start of the case.
2. NO USE of money to buy tools once case is started.
3. ENTIRE case must be PROFITABLE by the end (that is, you cannot spend more money than you earn from the case to get this achievement).

How to do this:

1. Use tools to maximize donut collection & turn them to badges. String multiple multipliers when collecting badges to maximize the number of badges you collect.
2. Use badges for free moves.
3. Use tools/skills to convert to as many pieces of evidence as possible, to be converted to coins later.
4. Maximize number of lockpicks so to use them to swap clues or coins.
5. Make long chains of 10 or 15 (rather than 5) clues at a time so you can get 2 coins per move instead of just 1 coin per move.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 03-06-2014 at 11:26 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 03:33 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
That is my favorite skill! though it takes 5 keys for me to do those. How much does the maxed out one cost per use?
The first upgrade makes it cost 4, and the last upgrade makes it cost 3! I have most of my match-3 skills upgraded.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
What is the maximum number of multipliers and candies you can fit in at the same time you have been able to achieve?

I just (now) got a game with 4 candies (1 from mystery candy and 3 candies for matching 30 coins). Previously, I was only able to get 3 candies max.
My best so far has been 11 multipliers and 15 coins. It was worth $360. Each coin is worth $2 and the first multiplier is worth 2x and each subsequent multiplier is worth an additional 1x. So it was 2 x 15 x 12 = 360.

But theoretically the absolute maximum profit would be 20 coins and 12 multipliers. There are 36 spaces on the grid, so you could AT MOST make 32 coins, after which you would only have 4 empty spaces and therefore couldn't make another coin.

20 coins with 12 multipliers would give you 2 x 20 x 13 = $520.

30 coins with 2 multipliers would only be 2 x 30 x 3 = $180

10 coins with 22 multipliers would be 2 x 10 x 23 = $460

So as you can see, 20 coins and 12 multipliers is the best you can do. Even trying it with 19 coins and 13 multipliers or 21 coins and 11 multipliers doesn't produce as much as 20 coins and 12 multipliers.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Most I've ever made from a newspaper case The real money's in getting lots of extra clues! (Mainly just used my skills, but I did use a few tools that I needed to use for challenges)
Old 03-08-2014, 12:19 AM

Wow that's a lot! I was just trying to do the math myself on how much cash clues give before they are doubled. I'm guessing you get about 2/3rds or 3/4s in $ comped to the number of clues. I wonder how many lockpicks you have on that screen there. Presumably about 250?

I was wondering if it was better to go crazy with the bonuses on the clues instead. The first bonus used on each match gives the biggest ... Err... Bonus, as it is x2 and each extra one is x1.

Edit: I just came here to talk about how much money clues give. And you beat me by 7 whole minutes lol!

Last edited by Snotty128; 03-08-2014 at 12:22 AM..
Old 03-08-2014, 12:32 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
Wow that's a lot! I was just trying to do the math myself on how much cash clues give before they are doubled. I'm guessing you get about 2/3rds or 3/4s in $ comped to the number of clues. I wonder how many lockpicks you have on that screen there. Presumably about 250?

I was wondering if it was better to go crazy with the bonuses on the clues instead. The first bonus used on each match gives the biggest ... Err... Bonus, as it is x2 and each extra one is x1.

Edit: I just came here to talk about how much money clues give. And you beat me by 7 whole minutes lol!
Hmm, I can't remember. I don't think I had a huuge amount of lockpicks. I've been trying to use my bonuses to get a lot of badges so I have lots of extra moves. Plus there's the furniture that increases the amount of money you get for the extra clues, so I'm not sure how much it increases with each upgrade. I thiink I have the highest upgrade.