Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Maybe it's gonna be a seperate IAP...if so I'll pay pretty much any price (1-7) to get my hands on a coop zombie mode. Awesome. Just awesome.

Hey Es, if there isn't a zombie mode in MC4, consider relaying our hearts' deepest desires back to the MC4 producer, please. Maybe as an update or in MC5?

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes, JBruu, I would be as hyped as you if they came out with a zombie mode. If it's anything as awesome as the modern combat series. That would be the only FPS game I would need on iOS.

What do you think the chances that modern combat 4 will support the ipod 4G??

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Nice find, I totally didn't post about that on page 91, post 910!

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh, I highly, highly doubt that the iPod 4 won't be compatible. When this game started production, which I'm assuming was at least 1 year ago, the a5 was the best chip on the market and most likely the target base for the game. But I know that Es mentioned playing the game on a "lower end device", so that must mean an a4 device (I'm assuming 3rd gen devices will not be compatible). That leaves us with the iPhone 4 or iPod 4. Now if they support one (which they do) they most likely will support the other. That's my reasoning. Gameloft has never only just supported the iPhone 4 and not the iPod 4. It has happened before with Lili and Walking Dead, but I just don't see that happening with GL wanting as large an install base as possible. Sure the framerate and graphics will be pretty bad, but it'll install.

5. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Big deal, I don't have time to read every page on these huge threads :D

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #986 JBRUU, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    Chill out. He probably didn't see it posted nearly 10 pages back and was just trying to let us know.

7. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA

Yes, I'm thinking that the ipod 4G will be the minimum device. Obviously they will have to cut out some special effects. I might have to buy the mini ipad, I would really like to buy an android device but as you mentioned there could be a lot of lag on the non apple products....

8. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There was another one posted today, so now there are 2 in total, signifying some kind of ad campaign

9. Der-Kleine

MC3 ran about just as well on my android phone as on my iPod (and both are about just as fast, the only big difference being that the phone has 512 mb ram, but no dedicated ram for the GPU, so in the end it's 384 mb and a lot of not verry fast ram for the GPU). Surprisingly the texture quality was quite a bit better on the phone.

Well hey, the thing that counts is that I was...

FIRST!!

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If the iPad mini comes out and has the hardware I think it will (a5 chip) you should be just fine. Until then, if you really want to enjoy the latest and greatest graphics and decent framerate I'd get the 5th gen iPod.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Which android device was this?

12. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Thanks for the info Der Kleine and JBruu. Tough decision I guess. Everytime I buy a device on Apple ( I'm a huge fan) A year later the games get better and require more power and the device that I paid 400 bucks for is old:mad:

I guess we're all victims of this...

I'm really curious how the Kindle fire 2 would run mc4 ?? when it's available on Android. It's a real nice device and for 200 bucks. Great deal.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #993 JBRUU, Oct 4, 2012
    Sell the previous one. They retain quite a bit of value actually. And yes I despise the rate at which mobile hardware advances...but then again that's why games like this are even possible.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #994 Rip73, Oct 4, 2012
    They tweeted another one 2 hours ago.

The posters all refer to the Los Angeles Dept of Zombie Management so I suspect they are not related to a zombie mode in this.
    There is a strong comedic sense to them as well (warning sign. just becasue they are ugly doesnt mean they are zombies) so I'm not sure if that ties in with the sense of seriousness the trailer gives to MC4.

Then again, you never know. Curiosity is certainly getting the better of me now.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wow only $200? Wonder what kind of gpu they stuffed in there. That's what maters for gaming.

Edit: this was the 1000th post in the mc4 thread. Wow.

16. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #996 Johnny101, Oct 4, 2012
    Here's the specs JBruu. It only has the same processor as the iphone 4S but I'm not seeing the video specs, I might be missing something

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Amazon-Kindle-Fire-2_id7489

17. Der-Kleine

HTC Desire Z

(Like the iPod it has an 800MHz processor (2nd gen Snapdragon) and the GPU is about just as fast (and Adreno 205 I think))

Looks like you're right, I missed that tweet. :(

18. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a zombies mode. But I don't think it would be in mc4, I think it would be a separate game anyway, like you said. Ya know, like MC: zombies or whatever. Due to memory and everything I highly doubt it would be a game mode within the mc4 app. But DAMN I WOULD LOVE A CO-OP ZOMBIES MODE

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yeah no one cares.

20. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Forget immersivness and high resolution and all that, is the iPod touch 5th gen gonna be an adaquite gaming system for the next few years? I'm not entirely sure I'm able to get an iPad after all, but Im guessing the iPod will be fine