Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-03-2013, 05:57 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby7ten View Post
Very nice, slick presentation & really enjoying it. People complaining about hearts: This is a FREE game. Devs have to pay their rent. You're acting like they owe you a free game, which is crazy. Just wait for the hearts to replenish.

And lol at the guy who said he's played golf on every Nintendo system, yet hadn't heard of the Virtual Boy... Which is a Nintendo system.

Don't listen to the tightwads.
Give this game a chance.
You'll like it a lot =]
I never said I played every Nintendo system but I guess you just couldn't wait to comment on something you didn't actually read close enough.
I've had every system from Sony since ps1, I've had the jaguar,dreamcast, sega-sega cd, Nintendo,super Nintendo,game boy,gameboy color-gameboy advance,ds,ds lite,3ds,Xbox,xbox360,intelevision,Atari, and I'm sure there are a few more I've had that I've forgotten about. I still don't know what a virtual boy is but I'm guessing its a Nintendo product that probably didn't last to long or wasn't any good or I would have had one.
So my original comment was that I've played every system and I was wrong, so put your glasses on before you try reading next time. Lol
Old 07-10-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
I gave up on this game until they fix the putting. There is no logical way to read the greens and they have way too much slope on the entire green (all of them).
There is also no way to judge the power since we have 3 putters and none of them have a max distance listed. Other than that the putting is a complete guessing game, some come up way short and then you have one that goes flying by the hole when it had more upslope than the last and hit with approximately the same power. And nowhere in the world do they judge the wind in yards per second. I'm a golfer and I've traveled the world while in the navy.
This is a great game that has some major flaws that kill the game for me and other people I know that are also golfers. I hope to come back to this game but all they say is "we'll look into it" and I doulbt they will change (fix) it.
I have been playing electronic games (hand-held, console, arcade, computer) since there HAVE been electronic games, and with every golf game the putting is the hardest/kludgiest/least usable/most frustrating function, almost universally. You are 100% correct in your assertion about GolfStar, but, sadly, it's nothing new to e-golf. What they need to do is break through that wall and revolutionize how it's done. Somehow. On nearly every hole I end up close enough for a gimme, even on very long putts. Most aggravating are the putts within a yard when you tap it a nanosecond early leaving the putt short, and there's no way to cancel out.

What would help tremendously is the ability to go on a putting green and practice like irl, using the courses in the game. For example, I'd probably spend a week just practicing the greens on Interlaken because (at least so far) it's an impossibly difficult course. But they don't have that feature, I would guess, it because they want you to BUY the putting guide power-up.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I hope Com2US is still monitoring this thread for feedback. Have the devs been looking into players exploiting?

There's an issue with players dropping out of 1:1 when they're behind on strokes, but getting assigned the win anyway. I'm not sure if they're doing it intentionally, or if it's just a glitch, but I've won and lost my share of 1:1 matches and I've seen this happen more than a few times. If a player is 3 shots back going into the final hole and then disconnects, how does that player get the win?

Also, please unify to a single game currency and ease up on the insane cash shop. It really takes the fun out of the game when you play a fantastic round and lose to a guy who spent $100 on his "epic" clubs and another $50+ on his fancy stat-providing outfit and upgrades. I'm happy to support hardworking game developers, but Golfstar is over the top with IAP.

Like others have said in this thread, there's a fun golf game underneath all the freemium stuff. Lots of us just want to play a fun, multiplayer golf game, but we've got to deal with hearts/energy, three (four?) different cash shops and all that other freemium crap. Give us a simple way to give you a reasonable amount of money to play golf, not some insane freemium/RPG/golf hybrid.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:19 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan View Post
I hope Com2US is still monitoring this thread for feedback. Have the devs been looking into players exploiting?

There's an issue with players dropping out of 1:1 when they're behind on strokes, but getting assigned the win anyway. I'm not sure if they're doing it intentionally, or if it's just a glitch, but I've won and lost my share of 1:1 matches and I've seen this happen more than a few times. If a player is 3 shots back going into the final hole and then disconnects, how does that player get the win?

Also, please unify to a single game currency and ease up on the insane cash shop. It really takes the fun out of the game when you play a fantastic round and lose to a guy who spent $100 on his "epic" clubs and another $50+ on his fancy stat-providing outfit and upgrades. I'm happy to support hardworking game developers, but Golfstar is over the top with IAP.

Like others have said in this thread, there's a fun golf game underneath all the freemium stuff. Lots of us just want to play a fun, multiplayer golf game, but we've got to deal with hearts/energy, three (four?) different cash shops and all that other freemium crap. Give us a simple way to give you a reasonable amount of money to play golf, not some insane freemium/RPG/golf hybrid.
I would start playing again if they could do that and a lot of other things that need fixing that I mentioned quite some time ago. As long as people are spending $100+ then it will never happen
Old 07-12-2013, 10:06 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
I would start playing again if they could do that and a lot of other things that need fixing that I mentioned quite some time ago. As long as people are spending $100+ then it will never happen
The giant signs pointing out the fairway, green, etc., have been removed and as of this version the gameplay screen isn't cluttered at all. The wind speed, elevation and distance indicators are all appropriately sized and don't get in the way.

But yeah, the menus are cluttered, every screen has a cash nag, and the IAP is insane. Between the stat-loaded cash gear, clubs, upgrades, consumable tees, 2 kinds of golf balls that are consumable, putting guides, etc., Com2US always has its hand out. And sadly I'm not even exaggerating on the prices. $100 for imaginary golf clubs is lunacy.

I wonder if the extra revenue really offsets all the people who delete the game when they see the insanely over-the-top IAP.