Have you ever wanted to make iPhone games? Check out SDK Tutorials Cocos2D

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PuchkoffDevelopment, Jun 8, 2011.

1. PuchkoffDevelopment

PuchkoffDevelopment Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    ****COMING SOON****

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LEARN TO CREATE
    Probably the most important part of making any game for the App Store is learning Cocos2D, an engine that allows for animation, characters, and much, much more. If you’ve had that itch to create a game for the App Store, look no further.

LEARN TO IMAGINE
    With the step-by-step tutorials in place, you’ll be able to learn anything from creating a sprite to creating an animation; all made easy through the comprehensive tutorials. There are also other lessons that include how to create a menu to how to follow a sprite, all of which are essential parts to creating a game.

LEARN TO DREAM
    The dream of creating a game is instilled in nearly all boys’ hearts, and SDK Tutorials Cocos2D really lets that dream come into reality. The tutorials are professionally written for almost anyone to understand, and the large images allow you to easily understand how to do a certain topic. The easy-to-use user interface also allows anyone to access these tutorials; heck, even your toddler!

LEARN TO BE AMAZED
    Nine total lessons ranging from a variety of topics will allow you to create images and animations using Cocos2D that you may not have been able to create without this tutorial. After seeing what you can create, you will be thoroughly amazed by the sheer power of Cocos2D and, really, the ability to create anything.

AppStore link: Coming Soon

2. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Very cool! Who is publishing?

3. PuchkoffDevelopment

Jan 7, 2011
    Puchkoff Media, LLC. My company.

4. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm sure a lot of people will find it handy. I've never used Cocos2D myself but have heard it's a good straightforward tool.

5. P3Z

P3Z Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Slough, England
    How easy is it really to use. I'm an old HTML coder with notepad. A little php and a little asp.

I understand most of the dev is based around Objective and C++.....so am I on a seriously long road - i.e. - Complete Newbie....or have I got a chance?

6. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Cocos is really easy to use. The main advantage as I see it, is that their are tons of tutorials and guides available for free on the web. I am not sure how good this app will be, unless there are some tutorials that do not exist online and they do some really cool new stuff. I could be wrong though......

7. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Cocos2D makes it a lot easier to handle graphics and animation. "Easy" is all in the eye of the beholder though. It is an Objective-C framework so without any knowledge of said language it won’t be…

8. PuchkoffDevelopment

Jan 7, 2011
    SDK Tutorials has been released!

Links:bit.ly/sdkcocos2d

Other SDK Tutorials:
    bit.ly/sdkadvanced
    bit.ly/sdkbeginners

9. PuchkoffDevelopment

Jan 7, 2011
  10. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    Why is this an iPad app? Wouldn't it be better as a Mac App? How can you copy code to your Mac for example?

11. PuchkoffDevelopment

Jan 7, 2011
    @DrummerB We are planning to release Mac version soon. Stay tuned.

12. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

No comment on the app. But if you want to learn to program you certainly do not want to use copy and paste. You’ll learn it a lot quicker by typing it in yourself as you’ll be forced to register the actual commands rather than just focusing on the result of the code.

13. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    Generally that's true. But in tutorials where they guide you how to create something specific with code examples I think it can be useful to be able to just copy the code and see, if and how it works.
    I already know how to program and have a few apps on the App Store, though.

14. touchDev192

touchDev192 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    I agree with what someone said earlier, there are lots of free tutorials and guides for using cocos2D already, that I'm sue cover most of what's in this app, so why pay for it? From the list I can see in the screenshots, all of those topics can be learned for free, just from looking at the cocos2D website and from information found on the forums. I think for this to be worthwhile to buy, it has to include some very advanced tutorials that help do things that haven't been shown and discussed on the cocos2D website, or other free tutorial websites.

15. PuchkoffDevelopment

Jan 7, 2011
    *** SDK Tutorials Cocos2D is on 70% off "Back To School" sale until 8/8. Don't think, just get! ***

16. PuchkoffDevelopment

Jan 7, 2011