Does DropZap give a bad initial impression?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by amichail, Mar 17, 2010.

1. amichail

amichail Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
  2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    #2 MasterChief3624, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    When you first start the game up and play it, I know several people that have rolled their eyes because it looks like just another Tetris/Bejeweled kind of game and all these people I know are just sick and tired of that genre of puzzlers. It looks like you attempted to remedy this by putting it first and foremost in the app description.

But once they actually start playing it, they enjoy it quite a bit more. It's nothing like the aforementioned games at all, and I tell them that. But they're still reluctant to believe so.

I personally really enjoy the game, and think it's a very different one from ones I'm used to. I can't think of a reason why it would give a bad first impression other than the one I brought up above.

I brought up in another thread of yours how originally it looks like there are four modes to play around with, but it really is only two when you actually dig down and play them through. That could be another part that some people don't like so much, but that could just be me :p

2 and 1/2 stars is not that horrible, though. Since it's free, you get tons of people downloading it, most of them ungrateful for the game being offered at absolutely no cost. When you drop your game to free, one of two things can happen: Tons of people start downloading it, they all look past the fact that it's free, and see a truly amazing game. Then you get more attention that way.

The second thing that can happen is tons of people download it for free, mistake it for being shovelware because of the low price, and then go into it with low expectations and make themselves dislike the game from then on out. I think if I had to peg anything on what happened to your game, it is that one. Your game is by no means shovelware, but it may give off a cheap feeling, and then when it's being offered for Free, people take that feeling very literally.

And I just thought of what might be the problem. The front-end menu does have kind of a "cheap" feeling to it.. it doesn't look very slick or fluid. It just kind of sits there. There's nothing that pops out and says "wow, this is quality art design". It just sits there and it feels kind of cheap in a way. The front-end menu can make or break a game for a lot of people, especially when it's Free.

That's my two cents. Hope it makes sense :eek:

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I really think it's one of the better and more original games out there.
    And after the constant updates, it's better than ever.
    Really, I'm addicted and all the friends, I showed it to are now fans as well.

This is one of a few games I play nearly every day.

4. Drenguin

Drenguin Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    DropZap is amazing, I play it all the time. At first it seems very simple and the graphics don't make it too exciting but the gameplay is amazing, the new update is nice and definetely feels better but if you could try make different skins and a different theme in an entirely different app just to try. Maybe dinosaur theme where you are trying to break eggs or a space theme where you try and destroy enemy ships but all using that same incredibly addicting gameplay!!!

Amazing game just maybe change up the graphics!! They seem dark and not very fun at first!