Dead Strike a new horror game for iPhone, in approval process now!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Hi guys,
    We would like to introduce you, our new iPhone game called Dead Strike.

[​IMG]

Trailer:

Trailer version 2:

Intro:

It wasn’t unusual to see the inhabitants of Fallen Falls coughing and sneezing in October. The winters had always arrived early here, but nobody expected what came with the cold weather this year. No one expected a benign cough to threaten mankind in such a horrifying way.
    “Of unknown origin”, that’s what the government told us. The B1 virus appeared out of nowhere. Overnight, thousands of people were taken ill, but the virus hadn’t shown its real intentions yet. The first symptoms were mistaken for a regular flu, but within 24 hours the victim’s skin turned white as snow and rotted on their bones, while their eyes filled with black blood.
    The victims became increasingly aggressive, biting people around them. After 48 hours of torturous suffering, they were dead. The levels of fatality gripped the world in fear and horror, but it was only just beginning. Millions were lost in the first week. Then Dead Strike happened...
    I was saying to myself, while bashing on the centre’s door and looking nervously over my shoulder to see where they were at. They were so fast and only a hundred meters away. There was 3 of them, closing in rapidly. The gate swung open to let me in, and it shut violently behind me.
    There are around 50 of us cloistered in the little clinic. People were beginning to discuss the possibility of fighting back, while the others were looking at how to eradicate the virus. That’s how it begun, in the tiny waiting room of the Fallen Fall clinic, now a fully fledged refugee’s camp, the resistance started. This morning, 3 more survivors made their way into the camp. Scientists, who claimed to have found a way of destroying the virus. Still in white blouse, covered in blood that wasn’t theirs, they were transporting multiple boxes containing the virus, destined to be use during our last hope mission, called “Dead Strike”. It’s in this occasion that we received this little black case, containing a sample of the B1 virus, the scourge of humanity. The objective is to get to the hospital north of the city to develop a vaccine with the survivors, including some doctors, which are barricaded over there. The news had the effect of a bomb on all of us. Nobody even thought of retorting anything. Some of us even started crying.
    Couple of hours later, everyone was ready, carrying his box, and some weapons that we found.
    We went our way in groups of four, some of us staying behind in order to heal the wounded in case if other survivors would come.
    Me, I’m with Bob, the elder of my group, he really was a big guy, Eva a really young beautiful lady who seemed familiar to me and Sam who seemed to be the youngest of the group, but who had strong facial features. For my part, my name is John, I was a journalist, this why I am writing this diary. Our enemies were the total opposite of us, humans. They were aggressive, being nothing but hunger and pain, and they were fearless of death...

Game short info:
    - Dead Strike is a mixture of a psychological survival horror and a zombie shooter genre. The game brings out a powerful and deep storyline, four different characters with unique abilities (different ways to play the game)!
    Are you brave enough to face zombies or do you prefer to avoid them and act stealthy? Is up to you! Featuring eye candy graphics and special effects on the all iPhone platforms!

Release date:
    The game is in the approval process by Apple, and it will be available soon (late December 2009).

Price: 1.99$ US. Get it at launch with 66% off until Multiplayer update!

Extra Final version features (1.0):
    Available in the App Store, late December 2009.
    Extra animations: For animated characters and zombies. Means extra bit of realism and immersion.
    New particles effects: Better quality real-life-like ones.
    New blood textures ( for particles effects ). Eg: Shots will be even bloodier!
    This patch was a blood replacement patch at first, called blood patch, but we jumped into it to add more stuff!
    This update will also bring huge features to existing levels and make progression inside of it less linear!
    More open worlds: street levels less linear, go wherever you want, getting into dead ends, closed roads, etc.
    Exploration: Woot yes! try to find items, ammunition, memos-messages and even money!
    Perhaps, you will have to make decisions on street corners, taking the wrongs ways will lead you to a possible closed roads and a big waist of ammunition and items! But if you are lucky enough, you will find items, ammunition, memos-messages and money, kind of reward!

Next major update (1.1): Online co-op, up to 4 players online via wifi/bluetooth.
    Ready by late January 2010. Survival mode (solo and online co-op ready).

o Technology and Game features:

- Four playable characters.
    - Each one with unique abilities:
    Speed, Strength, Healing, FiringDamage, Stealth.

- Nine weapons ( including Flamethrower, MiniGun and Chainsaw! )
    - Powerful and deep survial horror storyline.
    - Original soundtrack ( Music & Lyrics: - Adrien Volpi, Singer: Ben Spencer )
    - Play through day and night!
    - RealTime lights on all iPhone devices!
    - Lens-flare, Mist, fog and dust effects!
    - Life like special effects and animation.
    - 3D spatial sounds, know exactly were an
    enemy coming from! Requires Headphones.
    - Monsters reacting to sounds and noises.
    Communicating themselves, looking for fresh meat!
    - Hordes fights and boss fights.
    - Well balanced difficulty progression:
    The more you advance, the harder enemies are!
    - Immersive 3D environments:
    - 46 levels to play through, all in a huge urban European city.
    Including: buildings, shops, industrial, etc.
    - Street corners desitions: A wrong way will lead you to an closed road!
    - Item pickups ( ammunition, items even money).
    - Record your high scores!

o Number of players:
    - Single player,
    Multiplayer:
    - wifi, bluetooth, Online Scores and achievements (available in the second major update v1.2).

o Target distributable (iPhone)

Supporting all iPhone hardware.
    Recommended devices: iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch 2G/3G.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some parts of the city being fully destroyed:
    Next to the cliff :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The game is in approval process by Apple, and it will be available soon.

Regards,

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    OH MY GOD Its left for dead!!!
    4player online???

3. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #3 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    Yes, up to four players in a cooperative mode. ;)
    Dead Strike will not be online at launch, we are working on the online stuff right now! :) The game will be available in December 2009 and the online mode on our next major update (v1.1), due to end January 2010. That's why we are offering a 66% off (1.99$) before the multiplayer update, kind of Christmas rebate. ^^

Cheers. :)

4. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    i think iDevice can handle better graphics, did you try increase view distance?any in-game graphics settings?

5. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    it sounds like its gonna be awesome already!
    just got nazi zombies for my ipod yesterday and now dead strike is coming out next month :p

what a great 2 days this has been!

i think the graphics are actually fair good, could be a LITTLE better (blood and zombie movement) but its already good enough :)
    i like how its just not they know where you are and they act to noises (im assuming thats how it works, thats what i got from the trailer)
    also shouldnt the zombies be normal person height? they seem way bigger than normal height

looking good though :)

6. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Wow, this came out of nowhere.

Gonna purchase as soon as this comes out.

7. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #7 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Dead Strike runs well on the first gen iPhone/iPod touch...
    Increasing the view distance will simply kill the game atmosphere as you will be able to see coming enemies from a larges view distances. Is made by design not by the iDevice limits, or engine limits.
    The game uses exactly the same engine with the sames features that powers Reavensworld.

8. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    It was our little secret! ;)
    First it was a PC project, we cut it down and scaled it to iDevices. :)

9. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #9 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Yes, zombies have a visibility frustum, they can see you if youare in front of them! Theyreact to sounds, gun shots, walking close to them, etc. If you hit a zombie he will scream like hell, then all the zombies will be after you.
    Theirs one character on the game that can act more stealthy than others, but he is slower, have less firing damage and is pretty weak compared to others.
    In fact, each player have his own ability wish means different ways to play the game.:)
    Theirs 13 different zombies models in three categories for a total of 36:
    Stronger: Slower, stronger and pretty big, he also got a lot of fuel. lol
    Normal: Average energy, average strength, average speed the smaller one.
    Faster: The skinny ones, they can catch you up really quick, but they do not inflict as much damage as the others, they have also less energy.
    Bosses: The ultra large one. The ones ho makes your nightmares come true. lol

We are making smalls improvements to out next minor update 1.0.1, including visual quality (eg: better blood and particles effects)! Tanks for the blood input.
    We take into account all your inputs, so don't be afraid to ask or suggest something!

10. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    you guys are really dedicated! its great like that :p
    will snipers be in the game? maybe the stealthy player could use a silenced intervention (ok too much mw2 :p )

11. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #11 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Well, large viewable areas will kill the game atmosphere. Knowing that your enemy is coming too far, will let you make decisions without hurry, it will be too easy and removes the fear(or horror) factor. And this is our main focus with this project, stress you while you are having fun! :p
    Also theirs a lots surprises in the game, zombies came from everywhere, behind a vehicle, jump off a building, on top of a vehicle, etc not only from streets. Believe me, you will jump like hell playing this game, even on such small device! ;)
    What could be nice is adding silent weapons. But again this could hurt the game balance as we don't want every character with the same features. For instance, if you play with the stronger guy, you will not fear as much as the girl, as you can take more damage from enemies. However, playing with the stealthy( or silent character) will make you less visible but will force you to avoid fighting enemies as much as you can due to the low firing rate and the small amount of energy. Same for the other characters, they have its own strengths and weakness.
    All theses unique abilities leads to different ways to play the game, wish add a lot of gameplay time and fun! :)

12. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    sounds good :p im liking how they come from anywhere

13. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #13 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Zombies spawn in a random location, they will never spawn in the same place twice. So you will never know where they gonna come from, even if you play the same level several times. An other reason to keep you jumping. ;)

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #14 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    In fact we got pretty inspired by Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Left4Dead, with pretty nice features in addition, the storyline behind this game is pretty deep (every single survival horror fan, loves good stories.), the different characters and abilities, weapons etc.

15. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    game overall seems very good but got a few drawbacks here and there------------- Blood doesn't look real..comes out kinda funny.Zombies run towards you like there are in an Olympic track and field event.And finally when they attack you, you don't seem to take any damage.if you can work on these three aspects it will be a great game.

i agree with u on the draw distance.besides i like that siren..reminds me of forbidden siren:D Anyway take care of the above mentioned drawbacks and you got a winner on ur hands.

16. TheFunkOfDoom

TheFunkOfDoom Member

Sep 21, 2009
    This looks pretty great. I'm going to have to check it out. Just need to get some guys from work to get it with me.

17. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Gonna purchase as soon as this comes out...............lol

18. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #18 Devilishly Good, Nov 17, 2009
    embedded the video

after seeing the video, do the guns have any kind of knockback from guns? there's a scene with the girl shooting 2 pistols and the zombie she's shooting never slows at all as he's being hit

19. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    hi tatoforever

what a geme! thank u

just the graphic is not very good!(but certainly need to play it) please make a special 3gs version with better look!

20. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #20 tatoforever, Nov 17, 2009
    Blood (and particles visual improvements ) is coming for the minor update (v1.0.1), soon afther the game launch. ;)

Actually, when they hit you or when you hit them you stop them a bit ( it depends on the weapon that you are using. And yes, you take damage when the zombies hit you, listen at the horde fight ( the final part on the trailer ).

An horror requirement! :D