Rank down more than 70 in 3 days,is it normal?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by babyfish0226, Oct 1, 2009.

1. babyfish0226

babyfish0226 Active Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Programer
    Taiwan
    When my game(CatchCows) was pick up to "New and Noteworthy" and "What We're Playing",it had rank up to No.63 on "All Games" of United States early.

I know it's normal if your game had remove from the "New and Noteworthy" and "What We're Playing". But i found that my game is still in "What We're Playing" but it rank down more than 70 just in 3 days.

I had no idea and it seem can't do anything to stop it for ranking down. Is it normal or something wrong i made or i miss?

2. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    New and Noteworthy isn't a magic bullet. You've picked up some bad reviews in the past few days. Also, if you were on both "New and Noteworthy" and "What We're Playing" and now are only on one list, you also have much lower visibility than you did when you were double-featured.

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    It's because of the drop off from New and Noteworthy. All the featured spots are not equal. By a large margin "New and Noteworthy" on the main App Store page is the best featured position.

One of the big reasons is that this list is what iPhone users of the App Store app see first when they hit "featured" on their iPhones. The rest of the positions, especially the category specific "What We're Playing" games position will drive a fraction of the sales.

arn

4. PocketMonkey

PocketMonkey Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Our Champion Archer was recently featured under "Hot New Games." This has given us a roughly 1500% increase in sales for the first day, which isn't bad, if I say so myself.

However, once you are off the list, you lose that marketing advantage and awareness.

5. babyfish0226

babyfish0226 Active Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Programer
    Taiwan
    Just like arn saying. Maybe drop off from New and Noteworthy is the big reason of the rank down. I thought i shell focus on our next new game now. It's working time.