review queue

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Planetman, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Planetman

Planetman Well-Known Member

May 3, 2014
    How can I not lose my waiting for review queue as I have been waiting 5 days and I need to have this programmer I hired to upload new binary with added features and programmer Said today tomorrow when New binary is ready

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    You can't, new binary = go to back of queue.

You should actually reject the binary now so you don't get put into review and released (if you checked automatically release).

3. Planetman

May 3, 2014
    Thanks but what about making launch date next week getting review then uupdating binary?

4. Planetman

May 3, 2014
    people download update

What happens if people download and then I upload new binary? Will this be as an update for people who downloaded first version? Because I changed to coin s from inapp purchase and added something in coin shop to buy

5. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    That is assuming you even pass the review which isn't a slam dunk or anything. You could do that if you wanted but the bulk of your downloads will come in the first 48-72 hours and the potential to get revenue will significantly drop after that.

Have you been doing any premarketing? I haven't seen you post any links or screenshots or anything. If you haven't you should because plonking it on the store with no marketing isn't even giving the app a chance.

It will be an optional update for people. Also if anyone chooses to do an inapp purchase you will have to make sure the new binary still handles that.

6. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    Leave it as an upcoming update if the change is not that big.

7. Planetman

May 3, 2014
    hmm

I decided it best to reject and upload the updated game binary.

Destined I am happy for game to
    Launch first and send
    To reviewers.

I guess it's good idea to make Facebook page and I might even get the game on Facebook if it makes me some money

8. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    Don't count on reviewers. At one point I put lot of effort into emailing and contacting reviewers and mainly got back an email asking me to pay for a review, which I don't have any interest in doing.

Marketing is the hardest part of the app process (and I suck at it). I guess I don't have the confidence that if I put a chunk of money down I will even make it back. My next app I plan to try tweetinto as it is cheap and has a big reach.

Other than posting on forums, and posting early about your game I don't really see what you can do with a close to zero budget on marketing.

I thought about spending 500 in marketing on one of my apps but the advice on the forums in general was too small to make a difference.

9. Planetman

May 3, 2014
    #9 Planetman, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Hey destined

Elance has people you can hire to
    Promote your app and also try fiverr.com where people review and put you on YouTube channel
    Etc
    P.s does your app go back in review if you set up gamecentre after you passed review?

10. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    If you want gamecenter to work!

So yes, you have to submit an updated binary with gamecenter.

I have been working to get my followers up for promo, I have 300 or so on twitter and 500 on youtube which is a good start.

fiverr for a youtube review might be good if the channel is popular I will have a look at that one.

11. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    Yep, kinda sad they charge for reviews, I know its all business but still...sad :(

12. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    But it is hard to see much benefit in a paid review especially with the fees they charge. I have yet to hear anyone but the people selling them say they are effective. If a site is big enough they will make most of their money from advertising not paid reviews (since they normally aren't good to read since they are designed to please the person who paid not the person reading).

I might try a few cost effective ways next app. Do a few fivers, do a few tweetintos, use my own social media and then post in all the forums they are okay with it. I don't really know what else I can do without a significant budget. (for example chartboost recommends a min of about $500 of ads a day to make a difference in the charts).