Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Why is the ipad version updated with iPhone 5 support but not the iPhone version?

2. The Mad Mule

The Mad Mule Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Because life isn't fair.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Widescreen support!!! Now if only AoZ: AE would get widescreen support...

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Finally!

5. TheDeathMaster

May 10, 2012
    I'm newer here, and I like this.
    Keep moving.:cool:

6. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
  7. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    They heard our cries? Lmao I think it's more like we see your tears.

8. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Yeah. :( really Halfbrick? I love your games, but does Fruit Ninja really need third party ads??

9. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ads? Where? I don't see them (HD version).

10. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Really? I'm not seeing them at all in the game.

However, I noticed that on startup, it asked me for push notifications and for location services. Why would this game need those functions? There was also a bit of slowdown, but I think that was from running Wild Blood previously.

11. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I've only played a few rounds since the update but I had an ad pop up once after a game. It really caught me off guard actually becuase FN is the game I've played the most on ios over the past few years (I'd bet hundreds of hours) so when the ad popped up it took me a few seconds to realize what it was.

Sorta dissappointing. I mean I've gotten my money's worth dozens of times over already but it was nice not to have that stuff in the game.

12. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Community Coordinator at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey guys, my name is James and I'm the Community Coordinator here at Halfbrick. Thanks for all the feedback!

I've noticed a few of you talking about ads in the paid version of the game and that should no longer be the case.

Those ads were displayed incorrectly due to an error with our servers. We believe it has now been fixed.

Please let me know if the ads continue to appear as this should not be happening at all.

You can also contact me directly via email on [email protected] where I'll be happy to help.

Thanks again and we hope you enjoy the new update!

Cheers,
    Peanuts

13. Shapes in Space available in iTunes App Store

Hi Guys,

Check out Shapes in Space, it's similar to Fruit Ninja, really fun game

Cheers

14. jonnyb086

jonnyb086 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Anyone else having issues on iPad 4 with horrible lag and frame rates? Arcade mode is very choppy when getting combos and bonuses. It was fine before the update. This update brought what looks like full retina graphics. But still should not lag like this. The ipad 4 is plenty powerful.

15. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah, I haven't seen an ad since the first one appeared so thanks for that. Not that it was the end of the world or anything, but I just hated to see my favorite ios game going that route.

BTW, is there nothing at all that can be done about the leaderboards? They are just ruined by all the hacked scores...

16. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I liked this a lot, but after the update it's slow as hell :/
    It also crashes a lot now.
    A fix would be nice.

17. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    For the touch 4G everything is do slow! It's like playing on a 2G

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Love this game . The highscore chasing is fun
    I play it with all my friends.

Half brick will you ever add more maps to AoZ?

19. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #2459 Zevious Zoquis, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Note to HB...I'm pretty sure the starfruit calculator between rounds is borked. I've suspected it for a while but hadn't really paid enough attention to be sure but just now I was playing and I finished a round and had over 19,000 starfruit. Then after the next round in which I got another 80 or so starfruits the calculator said I had 19,003. Then the round after that I got another 80 or so and it told me I had 18,900 and something. Its not adding the totals up properly...I think it might correct itself occasionally though as it sometimes seems to jump back up to a more correct number.

Also, I see the ad between rounds is back. I believe its for Fn: Puss in Boots no? If so can I get it to stop somehow? I already own Puss in boots and don't need to see ads for it...

Finally, isn't there some way to clean up the Gamecenter leaderboards?? My highscore in arcade is 1506 now and that puts me somewhere around 200,000 on the board...behind all the thousands and thousands of people with scores above a billion. :rolleyes: Even just a way for me to skip to a specific score so I could see where I am in comparison to scores that are somewhat believable...

20. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Community Coordinator at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    #2460 Peanuts, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Hi there. Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, we don't have any new levels planned for Age of Zombies. Have you played the Anniversary edition? It includes extra levels as well as a bonus story chapter set in the Wild West. Worth a go if you haven't played it already!