★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Which site's review do you think is the best? Which do you hate most?

04-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Which site's review do you think is the best? Which do you hate most?

Criteria for selection to include
- Objective and mature analysis
- Understanding of mobile gaming and market
- Good understanding of the game in review
- Actually use common sense

BEST: SlideToPlay
STP gives clear and concise reviews usually with a mature POV and they always demonstrate a good understanding of what is and what is not important to mobile gamers. Their review and rating for games are also pretty consistent across the board. The good points are usually important to mobile game players and they are also usually pretty spot-on with the bad.

WORST: IGN
Worst iPhone review site by 10,000 miles. The reviewers are snobbish and inject a ton of their personal likes/dislikes into their reviews. If a game used 1 or 2 subpar sounds for example, they will latch onto it like leech and bitch about it in 50 different places in the review. Very sensationalistic, all noise, no substance. The reviewers didn't seem to like their jobs very much at all. Ratings are all over the place. You have obviously lousy games at 6 and obviously fun games at 6 as well. LOL. There is also a very obvious preference towards the "BIG BOYS". They are usually less provocative to big, huge, well-connected publishers. Why? I do not know and can only speculate. **cough** Advertise **cough** ment **cough**.

Not everyone can be as objective as arn!
04-13-2009, 08:21 PM
This should be in the lounge?

04-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Slide to play is the best IMO. I dislike FingerGaming, not sure why. Maybe it's the inconsistency they've had for a while.
04-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
This should be in the lounge?
Yep...pull up a couch...
04-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Best:

Appmania (JK) The only site I visit is TA (never really hang around others)

Worst:

IDK like I said.... The only one O
Visit is TA
04-13-2009, 08:26 PM
148apps and slidetoplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk666 View Post
Criteria for selection to include
- Objective and mature analysis
- Understanding of mobile gaming and market
- Good understanding of the game in review
- Actually use common sense

BEST: SlideToPlay
STP gives clear and concise reviews usually with a mature POV and they always demonstrate a good understanding of what is and what is not important to mobile gamers. Their review and rating for games are also pretty consistent across the board. The good points are usually important to mobile game players and they are also usually pretty spot-on with the bad.

WORST: IGN
Worst iPhone review site by 10,000 miles. The reviewers are snobbish and inject a ton of their personal likes/dislikes into their reviews. If a game used 1 or 2 subpar sounds for example, they will latch onto it like leech and bitch about it in 50 different places in the review. Very sensationalistic, all noise, no substance. The reviewers didn't seem to like their jobs very much at all. Ratings are all over the place. You have obviously lousy games at 6 and obviously fun games at 6 as well. LOL. There is also a very obvious preference towards the "BIG BOYS". They are usually less provocative to big, huge, well-connected publishers. Why? I do not know and can only speculate. **cough** Advertise **cough** ment **cough**.

Not everyone can be as objective as arn!
i agree. slidetoplay is the best

and there forums are growing to with great mods!!!

i also nominate theappera
Trioco

Really, I just go to Touch Arcade and AppVee for everything.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
04-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
Best:

Appmania (JK) The only site I visit is TA (never really hang around others)

Worst:

IDK like I said.... The only one O
Visit is TA
Well wasn't that productive.. why did you even bother posting that?

The best is appvee, or STP,

Worst, is IGN, or those .blogspot ones.

what.
04-13-2009, 08:27 PM
i hate IGN or any major review site because they have NO idea what they're talking about and clearly show favoritism to the $$$ developers..

The best is TA, hands down..

Plus+ ID: Wegmans