"Workspace" indiegogo project.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by BulletDev, Sep 11, 2012.

1. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #1 BulletDev, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    hey guys, were launching a crowdfunding project for an app called "Workspace". It's a 4 pane web browser designed for multitasking.

[​IMG]

The animation is sloppy but it gets the point across. What are your opinions on it? the name, the concept, the potential of it.

thanks in advance,

James Barrington

2. obscenemedia.com

obscenemedia.com Active Member

Hi James,

Why Indiegogo and not kickstarter? Just personal curiosity really, that and I'm on kickstarter. I will have to make an account and back your project; it's something I would use.

Jared Martin
    http://www.facebook.com/obscenemedia

3. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    so glad you asked :D

I was up to the last step on Kickstarter and it turned out I needed to be an American citizen. No way around it so I turned to Indiegogo. Hope you liked the video!

4. obscenemedia.com

obscenemedia.com Active Member

5. Like it man!

6. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    will be rejected under ios.. 10.4 in the review guidelines.. so nice idea.. has been done several times.. and been rejected as many (sp?) :)

7. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #7 BulletDev, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    The app icons could easily, and probably will, be depicted as "bookmarks" instead. Mosty leading to HTML5 web apps. I've considered the 10.4 guildlines and am confident it will be accepted into every App Store.

8. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well i'm pretty sure it won't ,no matter what tech is behind it..

maybe ask syndicate.. he had some similar but simpler app developed and got into a lot of trouble to get it on the store..

9. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Apple definitely won't like it. At heart though it's an internet browser, and the apps are just HTML5 layouts for Notes, Weather etc. If it did get rejected we would still release the Mac and Windows 8 version.

10. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Kinda weird asking for funding when you readily admit this.

11. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well good luck with your fundraiser, but somehow such a tool would be a bit pointless on a desktop anyway where you are already able to multitask.

as for windows tablets.. well.. somehow i get the feeling that android would be a better choice than anything ms.

my 2 cents

but then again good luck with your fund raiser

12. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #12 BulletDev, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    I was talkin specifically about the "app drawer" that would violate a ruling in Apple's submission guidelines. We'd work around that problem for example by having bookmarks instead of app icons.

Android would definitely make sense. I think a desktop version would work. Soon there will be touchscreen Mac computers, and Apple is continuing to move into a "full screen" layout that doesn't allow for real multitasking.