[In-App promo codes] Melody Composer Squared

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Melody CS, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Melody CS

Melody CS Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Product Manager
    #1 Melody CS, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    In such a time, art & music has stirred away from the basic principles founded in the art of mastery where an individual dedicates oneself to technique and the formation of solid foundation. The birth of technology has given way to a new ease of mastery. Melody Composer Squared aligns or rather merges the theory and foundation of music with ease and accessibility, creating the new age composer, one who can come to understand the art of sound in a more visual perspective with the use of modern technology.

The app is part music tool, part mathematical art and part addicting game. Melody Composer Squared allows users to easily create melodies and uncover patterns within compositions that are undetectable by ear. Its simple user interface makes for effortless enjoyment for those who are skilled musicians as well as those with little or no music training.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/melody-composer-squared/id988457961?mt=8

Please reply which you used :)
    The app is free, so the promo codes are for IAP features: additional instruments, keys and tempos. - You must enter it directly on your device.

3P793MK4PMTY - gone
    P7RTEK39KRJT - gone
    XRHEERYKPY6A - gone
    9E6TJP4AFTHL - gone
    R36R9K94L6WR - gone
    E9ARFMPN7A73 - gone
    7AEJKATEEJPL - gone
    64MNW76NJFX6 - gone
    JEK3YAHKKLFH - gone
    APP999RERA49 - gone

//all used

Attached Files:

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #2 drelbs, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Played with the app briefly, it's pretty interesting.

EDIT: promo code for IAP! :) You must enter it directly on your device... (used P7RTEK39KRJT)

Also, this would me a much more useful tool if you enabled MIDI out - then you could drive other instruments with it! (Another alternative would be to enable the app as an Audiobus/AU/IAA instrument.

3. Melody CS

Melody CS Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Product Manager
    Thank you very much! MIDI planned for next update (at first as an export for another MIDI editors).

4. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    R36R9K94L6WR redeemed. Thank you. (those above have been used).

I think I understand how this works but need to spend more time with it. Looks like it's monphonic only? Would be great if multiple layers could be saved and played back simultaneously for full polyphonic composition.

5. Gamesnhon

Gamesnhon Active Member

May 4, 2015
    JEK3YAHKKLFH Thanks!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #6 Lavender, Nov 9, 2016
    I used APP999RERA49 - thank you.

It acted like it worked but when I try to play, it acts like the code did not work. I have also tried using 'retore' but the restore function does does work. I did restart the iPad and my iPad is updated. Are the locks still supposed to be there? (Circled with an arrow). I will uninstall/re-install to see if it helps.

[​IMG]
    Thank you.

7. Melody CS

Melody CS Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Product Manager
    #7 Melody CS, Nov 9, 2016
    Hi Lavender,
    the locks should gone, we'll test this behavior. I've sent you new promo codes via private message (perhaps some problem appears then several users try to activate a code).

Best regards,
    Pavlo Karnaukhov

8. Melody CS

Melody CS Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Product Manager
    #8 Melody CS, Nov 9, 2016
    Thank you for the feedback!
    Yes, for the start it's just monphonic. We plan add polyphonic composition with the colors, but it will take time to found absolutely proper algorithm for polyphonic -> color convertion and visa versa.

9. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Thanks. That's good news, and, yes, I can imagine it will involve much work.

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm seeing the same thing.

This is the first time I've ever seen IAP promo codes (I even saved a screenshot of the App Store redeem, it was so uique!) and if I can provide log files/etc let me know.

Two good apps to look at for ideas:

iKaossilator: IMHO this approach would work great in your app. On one screen you choose color/instrument/options, then you can draw that color on the grid, not affecting others. Serious bonus if you have options to snap to intervals from the main grid's notes, octave up/down or separate MIDI tracks for each color! ;)

Figure: With this approach, you'd have a different grid for each color/instrument that all run simultaneously while you switch between them.

11. Melody CS

Melody CS Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Product Manager
    #11 Melody CS, Nov 9, 2016
    I've set this in-App as 0,00$ for November 10th. Please purchase on this day if a promo code didn't help.
    Free on 10th November.jpg

12. Melody CS

Melody CS Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Product Manager
    #12 Melody CS, Nov 9, 2016
    Thank you for the confirmation, I've just went through in-App under another account and have found that steps 6, 7, 8 (on the attachment) should be added to get a status as on 8th screenshot (6th step appears after tapping on Unlock instruments - for safety I've put the in-App for 0.00$ for one day).

steps.jpg

We will test this and find the way to fix this, sorry for the inconvenience.

13. melodycs

melodycs New Member

Mar 25, 2016
    New 10 promo-codes:
    AX9HYFPT3PF3
    Y9AAWEHA6TYJ
    Y43TX7L4MEPM
    AAA6WKE63M7N
    9HYAEF97944L
    KN333HPN63AM
    7KMHWMFEW6E9
    HXPKHAJHTNAX