Fishdom: Thanksgiving Splash HD (Premium) By Playrix ($4.99 FREE)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Nov 18, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician

Fishdom: Harvest Splash HD (Premium)

✓ Fishdom HD is a fantastic, beautiful Match-3 game, with rapid-fire and highly responsive gameplay. - Slide To Play (4/…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ✓ Fishdom HD is a fantastic, beautiful Match-3 game, with rapid-fire and highly responsive gameplay. - Slide To Play (4/4, Must Have)
    ✓ Fishdom HD is definitely one of the very best match 3 games on the iTunes store. – MobileTechReview (5/5)
    ✓ A must-have iPad game. - iPad News Hub

Create your harvest Fishdom! Progress through challenging match-3 levels, and get cash to set up your harvest feast tank. Get creative and decorate it with festive fishies and fall-time accessories. Turn your aquarium into a welcoming farm with ripe vegetables and yummy treats. Win trophies and build up your heartwarming Fishdom! Get splashed with cornucopia of fun from Playrix!

ENJOY THESE FEATURES:
    - Almost 100 farm-themed fishies and accessories
    - Unlimited number of tanks to create and design
    - Endless replay value
    - Cornucopia of fun!

Other great iPad apps by Playrix:
    ➠ 4 ELEMENTS II HD - Set the fairies free!
    ➠ AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS HD - Spectacular adventures on land, sea and air!
    ➠ GARDENSCAPES HD - Create a perfect garden!
    ➠ CALL OF ATLANTIS HD - Heed the call of Atlantis!
    ➠ ROYAL ENVOY HD - Save the wonderful Islandshire!
    ➠ FISHDOM H2O: HIDDEN ODYSSEY HD - Dive to the bottom of the sea and find various hidden items in numerous eye-teasing locations.
    ➠ THE RISE OF ATLANTIS HD: Collect the 7 powers of Poseidon to save Atlantis!
    ➠ BRICKSHOOTER EGYPT HD: Unlock the secrets of the pharaohs!
    ➠ FISHDOM HD: Create the aquarium of your dreams!
    ➠ ATLANTIS QUEST HD - A daring adventure across the ancient lands!

WANT MORE PLAYRIX FUN?
    Visit us at Playrix.com
    Follow us on Twitter.com/Playrix
    Find us on Facebook.com/PlayrixGames
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle, Simulation
    Release:Nov 09, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    There are several Playrix games of the Fishdom variety - all basically the same, but with different themes... Still a pretty good match 3, and it is fun to max out the aquarium...

3. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Even though it says it's the "Premium" version, and that the price went from $4.99 to free, there is a Buy button. When you click it, it says it's $4.99 to unlock the game. Has anyone else experienced this?

That doesn't seem free to me...

4. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    They did the same thing with the Halloween one too, where it said premium and you still had to pay.

5. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    It works. You have to install it and enter the game without wifi/mobile data on for the very first time.

6. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    You are exactly right!!! Thank you so much for the fast and perfect answer!! :D

7. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    What do you guys mean?

8. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Turn on Airplane mode on your iPad. Then open the app for the first time.

I took no chances. I deleted the app from my iPad, turned on Airplane mode, and downloaded the app from my computer. Then, with Airplane mode still on, I played a few rounds and closed the app. Then I disabled Airplane mode (which re-enables your Wi-fi), reopened the app, and the Buy banner was gone.

Sorry for the ridiculously long explanation, but I hope that helps. :)

9. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks - that worked, and looks like it worked for 4 Elements too.

10. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Do you mean Brickshooter Egypt? Same as mentioned. "You have to install it and enter the game without wifi/mobile data on for the very first time."

Brickshooter Egypt HD (Premium)

- The game beneath the graphics is a strong challenge for the brain. Making it pretty and adding some music is just wind…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    - The game beneath the graphics is a strong challenge for the brain. Making it pretty and adding some music is just window dressing to help sell what's underneath. - GameZone

Unravel the mysteries of ancient hieroglyphs that will help you restore the glorious pyramids. A unique brain-teasing puzzle experience across 60+ exciting levels with stunning graphics and amazing sound is what Brickshooter Egypt by Playrix has to offer. Truly original, innovative and extremely addictive gameplay will keep you moving these bricks for hours on end. Crack the intriguing puzzles of the past and unlock the secrets of the pharaohs!

ENJOY THESE FEATURES:
    - 5 ancient pyramids and the mysterious Sphinx statue to rebuild
    - 60+ captivating levels of revolutionary new puzzle experience
    - Unique game mechanics
    - Difficulty increases with 2nd and 3rd replay
    - Fully optimized for the touch screen
    - Stunning ancient Egypt-style graphics and music
    - Unlock the secrets of the pharaohs!

Other great iPad apps from Playrix:
    AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS HD - Spectacular adventures on land, sea and air!
    GARDENSCAPES HD - Create the perfect garden!
    CALL OF ATLANTIS HD - Heed the call of Atlantis!
    ROYAL ENVOY HD - Construct and upgrade homes and buildings to save Islandshire!
    4 ELEMENTS HD - Restore the ancient kingdom to life!
    FISHDOM H2O: HIDDEN ODYSSEY HD - Dive to the bottom of the sea and find various hidden items in numerous eye-teasing locations.
    THE RISE OF ATLANTIS HD - Raise the legendary continent of Atlantis from the depth of the ocean!
    FISHDOM HD - Create the aquarium of your dreams!
    ATLANTIS QUEST HD - A daring adventure across the ancient lands!

WANT MORE PLAYRIX FUN?
    Visit us at Playrix.com
    Follow us on Twitter.com/Playrix
    Find us on Facebook.com/PlayrixGames
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Dec 16, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

11. carcassi

carcassi Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Thanks, worked for me too. 4 Elements as well. :)

12. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Actually I meant 4 Elements HD (Full). It had gone free back in Aug (it's back at $4.99) and I had downloaded it then, but still showed the IAP requirement until I did what you suggested above for that game as well. Thanks!

13. tiredcat

tiredcat Active Member

May 30, 2011
    They supposedly fixed 4 Elements around September, I believe.
    A while later, I downloaded the update and it did not work, but I had read somewhere that it needed to be deleted and downloaded again.

I tried that and it worked fine. I lost all my progress, obviously, via deleting. They did fix the 4 element issue, though. It just took a while.

I have seen this several times now with Playrix. It seems they put out free apps, that need to be fixed to actually be free. I am glad in this case the airplane mode technique seems to have worked for me as well.

I can understand a mistake happening on occasion, but this has happened to me three times with their games now.

I am a huge fan of their Royal Envoy game and many of their games, but I am frustrated by the above aspects of their business.

Tammy

14. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Thank you ever so much for the explanation (which isn't ridiculously long but actually very helpful) ;)