Top10 games that didn't live up to what you wanted aka app/game purchase regrets

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darth Ronfar, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    10. Orc vengeance (maybe my inspiration) further reminders I don't like diablo
    9. Storm strikers ( didn't quite live up after danmaku u limited)
    8. My hero - wth is this? Played if for like 5 min
    7. Rinth island - this game is always first choice when deleting for memory
    6. Battleloot Adventures - same as RI I dunno just not very appealing
    5. Paper Monsters- ok its time I said it this game sucks.. Too floaty and dumb
    4.gridrunner - still wonder how and why people like this game
    3. Spellsword - I though this would be cool ended up being boring and lame
    2. Angry Birds Rio - what was I thinking do I really need 4 versions of this game
    1. Ok I'll make it a tie cuz I just thought of another and ran out of space. Infinity blade 2 - this game got old fast atleast the first one was something new this was just meh. And finally Super Brothers S&S yea I know its won all these awards and what not but I just don't care about it I tried tk play it and i don't like it I have no incintive to try to keep playing this game because it's just flat out bad... Yes I have made it pretty far its not that i can't figure out what to do its that I dont care anymore to begin with. Go to this hallowed out rock egg chased by sumthig turn ur device around, tweet what I'm doing? Oh and then go listen to that dude in the options menu it's not that great or mind-blowing and I wasted like 5 bucks on it.

2. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    1. Trenches II - developers promised updates but it hasn't been updated since December 2011. Terrible support.

2. Dead Trigger - good graphics but horrible gameplay and then the devs made the game F2P like 2 weeks after.

3. N.O.V.A. 2 HD - campaign was ok, multiplayer was bad plus it didn't have iPad specific features like NOVA HD had.

4. Flight Control Rocket - an IAP bombshell that ruined a great franchise because of EA.

5. Angry Birds Rio - even though I got it for free, its basically just Angry Birds. Nothing new and not worth $1.

3. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    I agree with your sentiments about Paper Monsters, Spellsword, and Sword and Sworcery. Especially disappointed by S&S.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    My hero, Rinth island, Battleloot Adventures, gridrunner, Angry Birds Rio.

Agree with OP on those. And actually the entire Angry Birds series amazes me how boring games like that are so popular.

5. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Jeopardy HD, DEAD Trigger, Oh Edo Towns, Canabalt, Jenga HD

6. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Don't worry I'm 26 and probly would have done the same thing...

Glad people agree with with some of my games, others here listed are good as well..

Glad I never gave in and purchased Jeaporady hd...

Another one is fling and roll or whatever that crappy game was... With th lizard and tounge etc...

Also unfornuately I have to say Ascension: CotG it's not that I don't like card games just couldn't get into it.. :/

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Dead Trigger, was fun at first, then got old fast.

Outfoxed. Same as above.

Um... angry birds? Don't get the hype. Boring to me.

Faster. Boring. Then went free like two days after I bought it.

Um I'll come back as I think of more.

8. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Dead trigger nova 3

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Static Motion, looked great from graphics and screenshots but it's mainly tapping

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Dead Trigger

TASM

IB1

Combat Arms: Zombies

Black Ops Zombies

Desert Zombie

Clear Vision

11. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    For once I'n not disappointed to see my game not make a list! :)

For me it was Angry Birds. Dunno what I was expecting, but that game is seriously not worth the hype. Not even a little bit.

12. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Waking Mars. I was hoping for a S&S style experience, but all I ended up getting was non-stop BORING.

13. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    IB2 is epic imo... i still play it, especially with the newest updates im upgrading my gems hard and trying to get all achievements.

biggest disappointment is Dungeon Hunter 3 hands down

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Frankly, no iOS game is expensive enough to provoke regret.

15. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Yeah. I've bought games and deleted them the same day. I could hardly remember the names of them even.
    As for angry birds, it's just not my style. For what it is, it seems like one of the better. As in, none of the imitators seem to live up to the original.
    Infinity Blade ( 1 or 2 ) may not be Everyone's " cup of tea ". It's been a showcase of what the iOS devices can do though. It has amazing graphics, for a phone. A control scheme that was original and, in my opinion, well thought out. As a game, and for the price especially, it offered a lot of content and replayibility. No game has gone as far to advance the perception of ios gaming.

16. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012

I really can't understand some of the hate for the IB series on these lists, as I thought it was amazing if not revolutionary for RPGs. The gameplay was fun easy to play, and the visuals were just jaw dropping even on my 3GS they look simply incredible, and it makes me wonder why DEad SPace couldn't look this good.

17. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Yeah, that's a point

and with the number of user reviews, gameplay vids etc available it's rare to get something different from what you expect and buy.

there have been games where I dont regret buying it, but more disappointed that the game could have been much better

off the top of my head:
    - extinction squad
    - burnout crash
    - flight control rocket
    - warm gun
    - pac man

yeah the visuals are very good, but the on rails part of the game negate the visuals. it's disappointing to not be able to explore the place. [at least in dead space you can move around]

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This talk of IB2 reminded me. I'm gonna add it to the list. Paying 6.99$ or whatever the price is, was too much for a game that crashed often and removed my saved data.

19. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Man I truly regret that one game I bought. The other day I was SO thirsty and I walked by the soda machine and reached for a dollar and realized I'd spent it on an app...SO regretful.

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pretty much this.

/thread