FLUTTERFLY: launching for iOS early October!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sebastiansgames, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastiansgames

Sep 26, 2013
    motion gfx and development
    Los Angeles, CA
    #1 sebastiansgames, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    ***UPDATE: Apple just approved-- Flutterfly launches TONIGHT 10.2.14 at 12:01am! ***

Hi everyone! I'm a solo dev proud to announce my new game FLUTTERFLY coming in the next week for iOS.

*** BRAND NEW: OFFICIAL TRAILER ***

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FLUTTERFLY is a casual side scrolling color-matching game. Guide swarms of butterflies with a single touch and help them get home!

I've spent about nine (very tiring) months creating what I hope is a fun adventure with a lot of depth:

• OVER 70 LEVELS
    • 10 POWERUPS
    • THREE STAGES
    • BOSS BATTLES
    • THREE ENDLESS MODES
    • GAME CENTER LEADERBOARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS

More info here as well:
    http://www.sebastiansgames.com/flutterfly.html

Flutterfly takes flight worldwide for iOS THURSDAY OCT. 2nd (depending on apple approval).

Thanks for your interest!

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Does it release already? :confused:
    I think I have this game since few months ago

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Are you thinking of Flutter, the devs other game? It looks similar to this one, I had to double check too.

4. sebastiansgames

Sep 26, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Flutterfly

Hey so sorry for any confusion! The SHORT answer is that yes-- Flutterfly is a SEQUEL of sorts to Flutter-- an app I released in May.

The LONG answer is that when I released Flutter in May, only maybe five people downloaded it lol. copaeci, I guess you were one of them!! Thank you!! :)

So I sat down and tried to figure out what went wrong, how I could change it to make it better, and if it was even worth pursuing. I'm just one solo indie dev, so these were all very hard questions for me.

After a lot of thinking, I decided that the endless gameplay was not working for my app. So I changed the structure entirely! You can read more about what I learned and what I changed on my blog here: http://sebastiansgames.com/blog/leveling-up-your-app-3-lessons-i-learned-the-hard-way And so the final result is a brand new game: FLUTTERFLY! Instead of one randomly generated endless game, Flutterfly has three very different stages, over 70 hand crafted levels, powerups, boss battles, and challenges like wind and rain to overcome! More importantly, the goal is now to WIN every level instead of just trying to keep going until you die. It really is a whole new experience. Consider it a reimagining-- or even a sequel.

That said, I am very grateful to those of you who tried the original Flutter (again-- there were only five of you-- including my Mother hahaha). So ANY of you Touch Arcade guys (or gals) who tried the original, please just ping me or mention here in the comments. As soon as Apple approves Flutterfly, I will personally send you a promo code so you can have Flutterfly for FREE!

I really appreciate you guys and consider you sorta early adopters. Again, there were so few downloads of the original app, I decided to go ahead and launch a brand new, much evolved game.

Thanks very much, everyone! I'm excited to show you the trailer and some gameplay footage very soon!

Sebastian

5. sebastiansgames

Sep 26, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    FLUTTERFLY: official trailer!

OFFICIAL TRAILER!

Here's the brand new trailer.

** EDIT ** I moved the trailer to the top of the post. Thank you!

6. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    The painterly swipes and trails give this game a really unique look. The color choices are perfect for it as well!

7. sebastiansgames

Sep 26, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gameplay trailer

Here's a brand new gameplay trailer for FLUTTERFLY.

FLUTTERFLY launches TONIGHT for iPhone and iPad!

A reminder: ANY touch arcade posters who owned the original FLUTTER (see post above explaining Flutterfly's evolution), please PM me or mention in the thread and I'll send you a promo code for Flutterfly for free! (Copaeci, check your PM!)

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy the game!!