English Country Tune (by Increpare)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nyarla, Nov 9, 2011.

1. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

#1 nyarla, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    Increpare (http://www.increpare.com) has been busy making this puzzle game, English Country Tune, for PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad. It's beautiful, and quite mind bending. @_@

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trailer:

I've been helping beta test the iOS version for the last couple weeks.. only about two thirds of the way through so far.

It takes place on the surface of 3D structures, and with three dimensions of gravity (hard to explain, watch the video for some idea...). Your "ship" flips around the levels, pushing things and growing things and painting things and all sorts of stuff. Parts of it are obviously descended from Sokoban, but other parts... don't think I've seen anything like this before. It's melted my brain on many occasions. In a good way!

Good difficulty progression.. it does get very hard in places (well I find it so anyway) but it's always possible to figure out a level by thinking it through. Nice variety of levels and game mechanics. When it starts combining the different mechanics it gets crazy. The game takes place step by step - and you can undo moves at any time - so it's all pretty chilled... It's almost like a physical, wooden puzzle box from the future.

Lovely relaxing visuals and ambient audio too (no music in this trailer but there is some in-game). The controls feel nice - you hold and slightly drag your finger in the direction you want to move. Takes a bit of getting used to moving in three dimensions with relative gravity. I had to drop my notions of what "up" and "down" mean.

Really clever stuff all up! I don't know when the iOS version is coming out but fairly soon I think.

edit: website for the game is http://www.englishcountrytune.com

2. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

This has been submitted. Go Increpare!

3. Acht

Acht Member

Aug 26, 2011