Couple of things I'd like to see.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by lord-sam, Sep 1, 2009.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1 lord-sam, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    I'd like to be able to sign in from the homepage instead of going to forums bit because when on iPod touch it takes a bit time to load each page.

Another thing would be to get a message when somebody quotes you so you can quickly respond instead of forgetting about it.

True what you say about 2nd feature! I'm not that good with websites so didn't know if it was possible.

2. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Login thing... maybe. 2nd request? This is vBulliten. That feature doesn't exist. When you "quote" people you can type in anything you want. How would the .php code know when someone quotes you? Compare quoted strings from previous posts? Too much overhead for not enough benefit. Won't happen.

3. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    yeah i agree

4. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    There is a hack though.

You can go to the search page and search for posts that have your username in them. Remember to select "Show Results as" Posts (bottom of left column).

5. skolapper

skolapper New Member

Couple of things Id like to see

yeah i love this site but whenever i get emails that say so n so has just replied to a thread etc etc.... when i click the link it takes me to the site but im not loged in so i have to wait for that anoiying anoiying anoiying pop up to go.

6. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I would like to see the 'Upcoming Games' section just called 'Gameloft Games' because thats basically what it is

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #7 ImNoSuperMan, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    About that login, you mean login for forums or login for commenting on blog posts? Coz the forums asks you for login info just once. If you check the "remember me" box then you'll be automatically logged in whenever you access the forums again.

And for blog comments, doesn't safari automatically fills up your email and name info? Haven't commented on the blog posts from iPhone for a while, so I'm not 100% sure about this, but afaik that's possible.

Edit: Just checked right now. Safari does remember your info for comments.