Universal Evhacon (by Pietro Nifosi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 31, 2014.

1. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    The story so far seems pretty good, just a few problems/bugs.
    I can't seem to unequip weapons/armor, it won't let me equip a hammer but doesn't tell me why or a level i need to be to equip it. The inventory is soooo small. What is the point of all the apples n other foods if there is no crafting system? There are no magic skills... WTF is that!? When you are in the shops it doesn't tell you how much gold you have.. (Big problem!!)
    In the screenshots it shows the character has a shadow, mine guy ONLY has the little circle shadow around him at all times... Very dissapointing.

I will be posting more problems/bugs later today.

Besides that the game is very good so far. I really enjoy the in battle controls and the environments look very nice, also the audio design of the game is amazing!!

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    If anyone is considering this game, buy it! Yes, the controls aren't the smoothest but we need to support this game as much as we can if we want it to get better! The dev has some amazing ideas for this to become an epic open world game and can't bring these visions to life without us giving him a budget to work with (by buying the game). This is a great game already (graphics, music, story are all amaizing) and WILL be better then ravensword and Aralon ever were if we support it in it's simi-beginning state!

3. I am considering this game, but sadly it is mostly from the amazing posts. So probably will wait for a pricedrop on this one, but am really curious to see how amazing this game is in the future. I hope I am amazed.

4. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    wait update

5. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #65 PietroNifosi, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Developer's Walkthrough

Hello there,
    this is Pietro Nifosi creator of the RPG series Evhacon.
    First of all I want to apologize for the late response on these forums, this is my very first project submitted to the appstore and the whole experience is being quite overwhelming, considering that everything falls on me to deal with and take care of.

I don't expect any mercy when it comes to criticism (as long as it's constructive), yet it's fair for you to know that this game has been developed by only two individuals with a very limited budget and in within a very strict timeline.

It's a shame the way I have seen it been underestimated and for that reason I've decided to record a Developer's Walkthrough to remove any ambiguity regarding the scope of the various so called "gamer reviews" and let you make up your own mind instead.

Here's the Walkthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e_nHwDn0ZU

I'm well aware that several aspects of the game currently need optimization and better design and it is my intention to improve its quality and functionality through updates/patches and upcoming episodes as soon as I can afford to re-invest into development.

I want you to know that I always welcome suggestions when it comes to design in general and I would like you to join me in that by contacting me through social networks such as facebook, twitter, google+, youtube.

I hope to count on your support to make it happen,
    -Peter

6. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I bought the game after watching your developer walk through
    video.

Thanks

7. Lhoryndel

Lhoryndel New Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Nice with potential

Graphics are pretty smooth with the unreal engine being used. Looking forward to playing the rest of the game. Good luck to the devs.!

It is unfortunate games like this get lost in the app store upon releaseĀ… hopefully it will be seen, and do well.

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Looks pretty cool. Heard that the gameplay sucks, but Ill have to see that by myself.

9. chitty007

chitty007 Active Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Looks like it's been removed from the app stores???

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
  11. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #72 PietroNifosi, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    TO AVOID ANY FURTHER CONFUSION, the old app has been officially removed on my end.
    I'm uncertain as to why it's still online on the Appstore.. I believe it will disappear after the end of this current "fiscal month".
    My advice, DON'T BUY IT just yet.
    The new fully revamped version of the game has not yet been released (currently in beta testing).
    For additional info visit www. retroversogames .com

-Peter

12. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Beta testing completed.

Alright folks, I want to thank you all for your support!
    Evhacon beta testing phase ended yesterday and I've submitted the final build to Apple today. Currently in "waiting for review" status (estimated time for approval should be 5 to 7 days).

The official support page from now on will be this one: http://evhacon.retroversogames.com

I'll post a link to the appstore as soon as the build is approved by Apple.

-Peter

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Looks amazing *jaw drops*

Is this a completely new game or a massive graphic overhaul of the original one? I'm asking this because there is also a thread about this in the upcoming games section and it's confusing.

14. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #75 PietroNifosi, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    This is Episode 1 Patch 1.1 which is really a Re-Launch of the game and quite the overhaul featuring new scenarios, new characters, new quests, optimized controls and menu interfaces.
    Plus the price is going to drop from 2.99 to 0.99 upon release date, FOREVER!

I understand that my game was criticized a lot last year, and I agree that it was rushed out the door due to the very limited budget at disposal (which is really my wallet - no such thing as a venture capital) and sadly the rushed coding.

I did not give up, I fixed it (I'm mostly a 3D artist). It took me a year since I do not own a studio (but merely a bedroom) and finally an old friend of mine (the new programmer alias the owner of retroverso games) helped me finish it during the past 3-4 months.

All and all quite the extreme indie!

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    :eek:
    What do you mean 0.99$? That's way too cheap.

16. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
  17. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
  18. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
  19. APPSER