Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
I highly doubt SE would add major features in past titles. They are used to consoles where once a game has been released you move forward
Hopefully they do for special titles like Chrono Trigger, perhaps after enough time has passed that enough of a new audience has been introduced to warrant refreshing the release.

Remaking for higher screen resolutions isn't a trivial thing to do, however, as some people imply. Especially if it involves adjusting the actual game graphics. These old sprite-based games can't simply be remade for a different resolution like a text-based app can. Unless they're just adding decorative letter boxing or, worse, stretching the graphics. If Square Enix wants to continue releasing new tiles, or wants to remake things like FF VII, it probably isn't cost effective for them to constantly revisit previous releases in an effort to keep up with Apple and iOS (outside bug fixes and keeping things working—like the Chrono Trigger iPhone 5S issue). Conversely, it was very nice to see things like the Final Fantasy Tactics graphics upgrade.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:45 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

i ask SE if they are going to update Chaos Rings(All), Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy(Tactics,III,II,I,), Secret of Mana to 4" display of our devices.

Check the screenshot of their reply.
Attached Images
File Type: png 4inch.png (18.2 KB, 12 views)

Closed Thread