ThumbJam Excellent Music App $6.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by pluto6, Jun 15, 2012.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Great sale on this app. Only a buck.

2. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Thanks for the post! I've had my eye on this for a while, would have missed the sale I'm sure if I hadn't seen this thread. Loads of fun, and I know I haven't even scratched the surface of what this app can do.

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Omg! Instabuy!

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This is the best music making app, period. I've had it for a long time and tried many others and this one has always been my favorite. Can't recommend it enough.

5. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Yup, yup...highly recommended.

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Cool. First music app I know where you can place TWO instruments side by side (iPad only) and play them on some kind of scaled table row keyboards! Lots of options, very well equipped with AudioCopy, MIDI and all those bells and whistles. Slide on the keys (okay, table lines) sideways to change the stereo panorama. Those controls are very good adjustable (tilt or fingers—the latter better for iPads maybe).

Very well suitable for novices and profs as well. Inspirative playing around.

Tested on iPad 3 and iPhone 4 with Sennheiser and AKG headphones. Very professional sound. Listen and watch the demo videos @ the dev's website:

http://thumbjam.com/media

Thanks for the sale and the heads-up!

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Awesome, I've been looking for a good music making app! For a buck, and all these good posts about it, I'll give it a shot!

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Nice. A pittance of the original cost.
    Bought and played some and agree this is one awesome app!!
    To all commenting, appreciated.

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Damn good app! To any who are on the fence about this one, if you have the SLIGHTEST interest in music, download this now!

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Is it possible to import one's one sounds and/or they royalty free? I don't like finding out that what I create in my synth/music generation/etc. apps can't be used for commercial use, unless they're audio toys (i.e. Reactable/SoundPrism/etc.).

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Good question! I'd like to know if they're royalty-free, too!

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I know for a fact you can import your own sounds, and I haven't seen any copyright asserted on ones included / downloadable. It would be pretty miserable to make a music creation app that you couldn't use commercially.

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    How can I import my own sounds? That would be magnificent!

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Actually, there are expensive, physical synths which have restrictions on the way they can be used commercially. Live performances are always fine, but music produced for sale or contained within a commercial product (for example, a video game). This has to do with hardware manufacturers licensing the instrument samples instead of creating their own. Think of it this way...you can buy a 10k DJ rig; that doesn't necessarily mean you can sell the output of a mix which used copywrited recordings.

App wise, this is an issue that affects loop generators and beat machines more than anything else. This is also one of the reasons a lot of music apps link to Soundcloud and Freesound.org.

15. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I just bought this app.

Im noob at music... Can somebody teach me the basic to use this app??? Thanks!

16. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    http://thumbjam.com/usersguide

17. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    It was mentioned to me (thanks pluto) that the user manual is in the prefs tab, might help.

18. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, after finding the answer on the forum, I purchased the app. This is in response to essentially the same questions I was asking.

From the developer:You bring up a good point, I should have a legal disclaimer posted stating that you own any recordings you make with ThumbJam for any purposes, including use of built-in or downloaded instruments and loops from Sonosaurus.

Recordings made with loops that you upload into the app follow whatever licensing restrictions apply to those loops, TJ is just like any other software application... just a tool.

You retain whatever rights you claim when you make posts of music, audio, or instruments to this forum.

Of course, any third party loops, beats, or instruments that you upload fall under whatever license that they brought with them.

19. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i keep playing with this and the more i play with it - the more i love it. possibly the best 99c deal in the past couple of months for me. i can not recommend this app enough

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I agree!!