Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    Don't get it.

2. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    It's showing the game on the device.

3. cryformercy

cryformercy Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    ad
    Excellent game!

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    When ever I go into Ad Ons it just takes me to a loading screen that does nothing and stays there forever. :(

I'm trying to confirm what I bought so far in the HD version. :mad:

5. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Does anyone know of a way to remove the popup adds in game? I paid for all of the addons and would gladly throw fish labs another buck or two to remove them. Right now though, it really messes with my enjoyment and imersion.

6. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I agree. The ads should be removedÂ…. at the very least if you purchased any of the add-on packs.

The game's gone from hero to zero for sure.

7. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    To authors of this game, are you planning to add support for IOS8 METAL? i think we could see some benefits from it.:)

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    ^ +100000000 :d

9. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah I recently went and downloaded again for my Retina iPad Mini and I'm disappointed big time. Devs should be ashamed. i think I paid like $10 for the game, plus the cash for all DLC not just in the HD but also the standard version and now here we the paying fans are stuck with pop up ads. Unreal, I don't think I'll be buying anything from this dev again. What was once a great game will only remain a memory now.

Pretty sad they can't even have ads removed for a fee or for buying the DLC. :mad:

10. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I bought also the whole package (including all dlcs)and very disappointed now.It all started when Fishlabs became insolvent in autumn 2013 and were bought from a big player (Koch Media/Deep Silver).

All founders of fishlab left the company then.Fishlab dead.GoF dead.Rip.

11. AH_Phan

AH_Phan Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    I wonder why Fishlabs went out of business, they had a great game, one of the best of the genre!

12. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Oh wow. I didn't realize all that so that explains it. Basically when they bought Fishlabs they rode GoF2 until it was no longer giving them any profit then took the free 2 play formula to bring more attention to the App.

Well knowing that I won't be downloading anymore of their games. Quite upsetting really, wonderful game gone to crap.

13. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    And there's no similar games to this that we can get?

14. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I was thinking the same but the two other titles from Deep Silver are PC ports at "premium" price (secret files tunguska).And Tunguska is good,it's still on my wishlist.

But probably someday they will follow the same F2P route though...

15. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Where are the pop-up ads? I've just fired the game up for the first time in ages (80+ hours of gameplay) and I don't see any ads. Do you just get them when you start a new game?

16. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    It may be worth checking out but I'd expect them to pull the same tactic which is bloody annoying.

They typically pop up when you go to a space station. Some people may not find it that annoying but I certainly do. And I don't feel I should be seeing this after forking over the cash that I did.

Not sure if buying any IAP disables them but I don't think there are any left that I haven't already purchased.

17. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I deleted GoF so i can't try it now but sometimes you can get rid of popup ads when you switch off the internet connection.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I just put this on my new 6+ and am realizing I've lost my free IAP for having both the regular & HD versions. I'm guessing that promo is over - am wondering if my save is hosed f I don't buy the IAP before I start playing again...

19. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    Curious, what free IAP was it if you had both versions? I have them both but unfortunately they weren't installed at the same time.

20. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    Didn't Deep Silver also decrease the organ trade dollar amount or was that the original devs?

It would've been nice if things stayed the way they were with that and not having ads...

If GoF3 ever comes out, it's probably going to be a huge letdown.