Battle Eternal II

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trevorchandler, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Dude... That looks amazing... period.

2. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    :O wow @ the graphics

Graphics look better then purty much any upcoming rpg i've heard of. Plus adding coop or competitive multiplayer will be EPIC!

Lookin fwd to see some more screenshots or video in the near future.

On the topic of compatible devices, I'm sure ppl would appreciate compatibility with at least the 3G and 3GS devices. Just lower resolution and possibly cutting out multiplayer for anything less than 4g. Just my thoughts on that..

3. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Looks awesome.

4. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    That looks amazing!
    Just a suggestion, try to release of small lite version something like 1 month before releasing the game, that might increase your popularity:D

5. trevorchandler

trevorchandler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Thank Everyone for there feedback. Apocalypse , thank you for your idea also. I am always looking for ways to increase the publicity of my games.

Trevor Chandler
    Game Creator.

6. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    #26 Madman100, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    Also, u can consider releasing the game exclusive to the newer iOS models then when ppl are dying to play your game release an update enabling for 3G/3GS iPod touch and iPhones. Take notes from aralon, I was stoked when I read on the Internet that a patch was released making it playable on my 2g which was all I could afford at the time. It was an instabuy at that very moment.

Obviously ur game won't run on a 2g iPod touch but giving the less fortunate ppl who own an iPhone 3GS / iPod touch 3G a chance to play an awsome game even with slightly less features, graphics, online play etc will make this game a huge hit IMO.

So I suggest release the game exclusively for 4g and up. Later you can always announce a patch that will enable it for older models gathering many hungry customers.

I'm no expert on these things but this seems logical to shorten pre-release dev time and also gain post-release publicity for this title.

7. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hello,

Thanks for writing, and thanks for the comments.
    Running on a 3GS would probably be laggy, but possible, anything less than that, and it would be unplayable with the level of graphics you see in the screenshots,

However ...

We could render a version of the models with less triangles and draw calls, and create something that would run on the models previous to the 3GS.

We will put something out for those people, it will look better than the original battleternal (which really wasnt bad) but not as good as these new screens.

We will keep you all posted,

We are getting much closer to having a beta, just have some questing and combat systems to add.

Thanks all!

- We will keep posting as we make progess, the worlds are all pretty much done, we have some building interiors left, basically the interiors for the towns, etc... I will post some of those as they complete.

Thanks again everyone,

Trevor

8. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Will the awesome version work for ipod touch 4th gen????

9. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hello,

Yes, it will support iPod Touch 4th gen.

Thanks for writing!

- Trevor

10. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Are buildings accessible? Looks quite good. I remember when games on the iPod with these graphics was just an imagination. It's devs like you that push games to the next level.

11. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    dibs on 1st beta tester position

12. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Looks good!

Support for 2nd gen?

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think you will find demand for 3G support outside of my own preference for it. Even now there's a sect of gamers clamouring for 2G support and not everyone can afford the newest upgrade. The more you restrict the market audience, the fewer sales the game will attract.

See!

14. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    #34 trevorchandler, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    Battle Eternal II Actual Game Screen Shots

Everyone,

Due to the numerous private messages and other inquiries about offering 3GS, 3G support, etc...
    We will be creating a version for those devices.

We believe the graphics are excellent, and although not quite as good as the 4G, etc..., they still look fantastic and will offer very nice visuals to the game on the earlier devices.

[​IMG]
    In-game screenshot on the 3GS.

We are also posting a new image from the 4G version.
    The high quality is especially apparent in the water and the blades or grass, Sun, reflections, etc...
    [​IMG]
    In-game screenshot on the 4G.

We almost have the first world completed for the 3GS and earlier version.
    We don't want to release the game in its non completed form, however, being that this would be the final first world with all quests, items, etc... we are willing to release it for free if enough people want to see it.

We look forward to your feedback and suggestions,

Thank You ,
    TecStar Games (Game Developer)

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Absolutely -- I think that's a great idea.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for supporting 3G!

17. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    #37 Madman100, Jul 18, 2011
    Agreed with the post above, that is an excellent idea. I'd love to try a lite version before release. One thing that I'm uncomfortable with is the use of 2 joysticks. Most iOS players are in favor of a screen swipe to to control the view, I hope this is possible. This is my only concern, other than that, this looks really incredible judging by those screenshots. Great job. Really looking forward to this.

Edit: I was agreeing with the second post above mine.. But yes support for 3G is definitely a plus. :)
    Any chance of a video coming soon? Even a teaser trailer? Would really hype this game up a bit.

18. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    #38 ipodrocks123, Jul 18, 2011
    So there will be two separate apps? One for high end one for low ?

19. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    Your welcome Undead Cow , we don't want to leave anyone without. I myself still have a 3G (and several other I Phones) . It can be a challenge but the end result is well worth it .

20. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    There will be a version for the 3GS. And there will be a version for the 4G and above.