How to change the seller name?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by hasan044, Aug 8, 2010.

1. hasan044

hasan044 Active Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Senior Operating Officer
    Miami,Fl
    Hi all

I want to change the seller name in app store (not copyright).

Please seniors help me with the proper way. No matter if it takes long process/time. I really need to know this as I want to hide my name in seller name.

Hope an useful detailed reply.
    Thnks all in advance.

2. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    If I understood the rules correctly when I made my account, you have to register as an company to change/hide your name.

3. SinZemillah

SinZemillah New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    As i know, there is no way to change the seller's name. The seller's name always will be the name have you been registered with Apple. You must to register a company if you don't like your name there, but it's not possible to change it.

4. MrGando

MrGando Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Lead Programmer
    Santiago, Chile
    I think you can register as an individual and somehow "upgrade" your account to be registered as an enterprise.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

5. Nitzan

Nitzan Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    You can change your seller name. I have done it. You have to email [email protected]

It can take quite a while to get a response. Also your tax info will need to be changed first to reflect the new name. All in all I think the process took about 2 months for me.

6. hasan044

hasan044 Active Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Senior Operating Officer
    Miami,Fl
    thanks all

thank you very much all of you. specially Nitzan .... thank you for sharing your own experience. I will share mine after being successful.

7. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Are you a registered entity? From my understanding, there's no need to upgrade your account in any way but you have to prove the new name is indeed registered.