Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

I can be more specific since I just tested it with and without artifacts. Sorry having a hard time calculating with all the bonuses to make sure it's correct.

Realm level 152.
Power balance = 180
No shrine bonus

I do have FORTUNE ability on an artifact

Bonuses;
Brimstone. 60%
Crystal. 143%
Essence. 116%
Granite. 115%
Power. 179%

Without artifacts
Brimstone. 24077
Crystal. 17828
Essence. 17644
Granite. 26541
Power. 49878

With
Brimstone. 81664
Crystal. 125840
Essence. 96028
Granite. 116238
Power. 138378
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThylacineStudios View Post
All of that is calculated multiplicatively so the order doesn't really matter.

If you have two creatures with 23% brimstone bonus gain and 27% brimstone bonus gain, you'll gain 50% additional brimstone from each battle. So if you would normally gain 1000 brimstone, you'd gain 1500 instead. Note that each different enemy creature has a different amount of resources that they all drop (so a Lich Priest might drop more essence than a Fallen Carnage, for example) so it's hard to guess how much you'll get per battle.

I just looked through the code and ran some tests and verified that the Attunement ability is working properly. Everything you mentioned stacks and your assumption on how it's calculated is correct.
Posted again before I saw this thanks!

I was getting 1 million granite per battle using the shrine plus attunement bonus which was insane!
Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

Dudes resource guide;

Play highest realm level possible
Move thru realms quickly if you cannot get shrine for 300% resource gain (temporary as spell to refresh shrine is currently bugged)
Have a full power balance (use ferries)
Ensure each artifact is loaded with every type of resource gain, reforge to at least 23-24/25% or 28-29/30% for each type.
If you have aquired FORTUNE ability put that on an artifact
If you have an ANCIENT SPIRIT creature use it.

1. Get shrine (your ancient spirit gives you huge bonus to 600% resource gain)
2. Pop consumable item (your choice, whichever resource you want more)
3. Fight sigil creatures. This is the best and fastest way to battle!
4. Gamble! This is optional, I've had decent luck. Gambling in castle has a lower cap than gambling in realms, beware!

I've gotten all resources above 100million except power, there is no huge power bonus so I'm getting at most about 250k per sigil battle with shrine + ancient spirit + consumable item bonus.

Maybe thy will fix the gargoyle and that would surely change things next patch! Need him in yor party for even more looting!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (204.4 KB, 9 views)
Old Today, 02:05 AM

Hello, just wanted to ask some questions about game balance and especially power. I'm a level 37 chaos mage with 11:30 hours of play time. I pretty much did all the castle quests as they came up and am still finishing off my arcane cave. No nether gems yet. This is on 1.0.11.

The thing is I've only been able to summon 7 monsters in total due to never having enough spare power to summon more and it now costs 58,000 power to summon a level 1 monster. I also get my ass handed to me if I go below level 4 of the mysterious realm despite having level 36-43 creatures and giving them all sensible artifacts to boost stats.

Am I missing something here? At this rate it takes about 1 hour of grinding to earn enough power to summon a single level 1 new creature. Thats just not much fun and it encourages you to just keep leveling up your existing pack rather than experimenting with new creatures. Dwarves that swap unwanted gems for power are rare, is there any other way of swapping another resource for power?

Also in general I don't understand why you ramp up the cost of summoning new creatures so heavily as the mages level goes up. Surely the fun of the game is summoning and experimenting with new creatures and you want to encourage that. Just seems to me at the moment like the balance is all set the other way.

Maybe I was meant to summon a bunch more creatures at lower levels or I missed something but right now at the current power balance I can't see myself grinding through this to unlock, summon many more creatures unless there is some mega power boosting method I am missing?
Old Today, 05:52 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskatonic View Post
Hello, just wanted to ask some questions about game balance and especially power. I'm a level 37 chaos mage with 11:30 hours of play time. I pretty much did all the castle quests as they came up and am still finishing off my arcane cave. No nether gems yet. This is on 1.0.11.

The thing is I've only been able to summon 7 monsters in total due to never having enough spare power to summon more and it now costs 58,000 power to summon a level 1 monster. I also get my ass handed to me if I go below level 4 of the mysterious realm despite having level 36-43 creatures and giving them all sensible artifacts to boost stats.

Am I missing something here? At this rate it takes about 1 hour of grinding to earn enough power to summon a single level 1 new creature. Thats just not much fun and it encourages you to just keep leveling up your existing pack rather than experimenting with new creatures. Dwarves that swap unwanted gems for power are rare, is there any other way of swapping another resource for power?

Also in general I don't understand why you ramp up the cost of summoning new creatures so heavily as the mages level goes up. Surely the fun of the game is summoning and experimenting with new creatures and you want to encourage that. Just seems to me at the moment like the balance is all set the other way.

Maybe I was meant to summon a bunch more creatures at lower levels or I missed something but right now at the current power balance I can't see myself grinding through this to unlock, summon many more creatures unless there is some mega power boosting method I am missing?
We're waiting for Apple to approve a new patch that addresses all of these problems. The cost of summoning new creatures will be reduced drastically, and the general balance of the game has been retuned to make everything feel a lot better.
Old Today, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThylacineStudios View Post
We're waiting for Apple to approve a new patch that addresses all of these problems. The cost of summoning new creatures will be reduced drastically, and the general balance of the game has been retuned to make everything feel a lot better.
I read that you made the enemies have less spells in 1.0.12 but have you also changed the balance of spells?

I constantly get the enemies casting flame strike, warp reality and loads of other spells that effect all my creatures. I've never once found those spells myself. Where do we find them?
Old Today, 10:18 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

You can find spells in treasure chests, by completing Duties, winning arena battles, casting power spells, or by encountering certain events in certain dungeons. There are about 130 spells in the game right now so it's entirely possible that you haven't found many of them since you're only 11-12 hours into the game.

You can find the patch notes for 1.0.12 here: http://thylacinestudios.com/forums/i...pic,275.0.html

Almost every spell in the game was changed in some way.