Flight Unlimited 2 - Announcement

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by flightunlimited, Dec 20, 2011.

1. flightunlimited

flightunlimited Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    #1 flightunlimited, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    Flight Unlimited just released last month but we're already designing and planning Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. For those of you who have purchased the original game, don't worry as we're working hard on substantial updates.

Here are the first details for Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. The game is tentatively scheduled for Q2 2012.

Features:

- Explore Las Vegas like never before. Flight Unlimited Vegas will include a fully modeled accurate representation of the city. Fly down the crazy city streets, soar past the Luxor, and land on city streets.

- Flight Unlimited Vegas will release with 4 unique, ultra realistic aircraft ranging from your casual prop planes to jet aircraft.

- Realistic Flight Model. I'm happy to announce that the new, realistic flight model will also appear in the original Flight Unlimited as an update within the next 3-4 weeks.

- Improved graphics and scenery

- Campaign - That's right, a flight simulator with a campaign.

More details to come in the coming months.

2. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I enlist for beta :D

So will this be a 'superior' alternative for Flight Unlimited or just an alternative offering a real world city with structured missions?

3. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    What do you mean by a 'superior" alternative for Flight Unlimited? We are going to continue to provide updates free of charge...and the updates will be substantial improvements both to the flight model and the content.

4. Defiance211

Defiance211 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Will there be beta testing? If so sign me up. I hope an idevice with a6 is released before this comes out.

5. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    Here's a sneak peak at one of the new cities that will be in Flight Unlimited 2. Can you guess what it is from the picture?

[​IMG]

6. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Las Vegas, whoop whoop. Now to receive my prize of a free flight unlimited promo code

7. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    carefully design! a great 3D city!

8. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I'm hesitantly excited for this game after seeing your models of San Francisco and Las Vegas. I have the original Flight Unlimited and, while it was visually impressive, it felt like something was missing from the game. I'm able to enjoy flight simulators for about 15 to 30 minutes unless there's something to keep my attention besides randomly flying in circles. For example, I used to spend hours playing Microsoft Flight Simulator because I could fly wherever I wanted, regardless of whether I was trying to land a Concorde at the tiny airfield down the street from me or fly it from New York to London. That sort of flexibility has been missing from iOS flight simulators (I understand why, of course).

I like the idea of campaign missions. If done well, a campaign mode and the ability to fly in actual cities (as opposed to a generic city in the original) would make a huge difference in the game.

9. iNIKEL

iNIKEL Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #9 iNIKEL, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    Why streets on screenshot are so.... unstraight? :D This look awesome. I want be иeta tester too, my ipad2 is waiting for cool games. Oh, and may be one more sreenshot?

10. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    #10 flightunlimited, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    Thank you for your comments. We agree with you.

11. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I guess it's a picture of Nokia 3D Maps and the file name says it's (Las) Vegas ;).

12. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Edit: Oh, Nokia Maps 3D looks a little bit different. But it is close ^^. Sorry for the confusion.

Attached Files:

13. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    Have you ever dreamed of landing your plane in a McDonalds or 7 eleven parking lot? Fear not! You soon will be able to :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. SouperSauce

SouperSauce Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    Uhhhh watch out for copyright issues... Unless you've already talked with the companies.

15. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Yeah.. as much as I would love to trash McDonalds, you best talk to them first.

16. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    Here's the Mirage model we're working on. Vegas is shaping up nicely!
    Should be fun to fly around!

[​IMG]

17. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi everyone, we can really use your help.
    We are looking for your ideas for missions for Flight Unlimited 2.
    These missions should take place in either Las Vegas or San Francisco.

We will be offering free download codes when the game releases to those of you who can help.

Here are a few examples of missions that are in development:
    1) Land on a moving flat bed truck
    2) Rescue a prisoner standing on top of alcatraz (fly low enough so that he can grab on to the wheel well with his hook)

Thanks!

18. Goombaslayer

Goombaslayer Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Suggestions for Missions

Some Suggestions for Missions
    Las Vegas - Pick up "celebrity" from point A and bring them to point B in a certain time
    Las Vegas- Fly within a given height (something really low) through the las vegas strip for ____ seconds/minutes or _____ miles
    San Francisco - Fly within a given height (something low) of the water for a given time or distance. You can also do this with the golden gate bridge
    San Francisco - Land on the Golden gate bridge
    San Francisco - (This one may be too extreme/not possible) Help catch criminals who are driving a boat by following them to their hideout, or catching them, etc.

That is all I can think of for now

19. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I agree. I got the first one and wanted it to be really great, but was instead disappointed. This secind one looks WAY better than the first, but it boils down to the controls, and IMO it wasn't very good. Guess we'll see how updates go, but it seems the devs should make one good game first, at least.

20. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    We're working 24/7 on the flight model and controls. We released the first of a series of updates last week.