iPhone Infinity Blade: Dungeons [Cancelled]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    "cough" Diablo 3 "cough"

That's just cruel of blizzard, announcing it in 2008, then giving pretty much no info for 4 years.
    That's just crazy.

2. littlejob

littlejob Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    IT
    USA
    ETA on when game will be released.

3. Risingsun

Risingsun Member

Nov 2, 2009
  4. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    Thanks for the update.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The game has been confirmed for 4th generation devices and up, so no longer an iPad 3 exclusive. (Source: Mark Reign, via a Slide to Play podcast.)

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    "No longer"? Who ever said it was an iPad 3 exclusive? That was never plausible.

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I wish it would be an new iPad exclusive Game. That way Epic Games could have focus on making the Game an outstanding Experience.

All we now will get will be some half-assed AAA that could have been so much much more...

I still have some hopes that they will at least go the Way to Release two different Version of the Game:

Infinity Blade: Dungeons - For iPod Touch, iPhone 4 and iPad

Infinity Blade: Dungeons HD - For iPhone 4S, iPad 2, New iPad

Well at the End we will see what Way Epic Games will go. I`m still looking forward to the Launch Day :D

8. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Really? Wouldn't you rather they have 5x the budget so they can make it better?

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    While I would ill like to bereave you of the chance to enter into polemic with other forumites, something you seem to enjoy to the outmost, in this case I feel obliged to point you towards the name of this thread (to which "no longer" refers, not to an assumption that the game would be iPad 3 only. Which at least a few assorted reporters and tech writers, among them a few colleagues of mine, did believe to be a possibility after the keynote, by the way) :D

(An iPad 3-exclusive iOS title, however, is far from implausible. The iPad 3 exhibits similar performance to an iPad 2 while pushing a far greater number of pixels. It would be entirely possible to downscale the graphics of an otherwise exceedingly demanding game (in terms of effects, physics or viewing distance, for example) to iPad 2 levels, thus enabling a previously unviable title to run on the iPad 3. This technique has already been discussed by several developers, and was also mentioned in a recent Slide to Play podcast.)

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Technically plausible or commercially plausible? Of course it's technically possible to make an iPad 3 only game. In fact, I expect to see some. But not an AAA title like this one, this early in the launch cycle; the development costs are too high to shrink the target market that much.

I've definitely noticed that some people believe the strangest things. There were several forum posters insisting that "of course" the game would be out by the iPad 3 release date!!

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

We are talking about Epic Games, they have more Money & Manpower then we both could possible Imagine.

The Question should be what do they want to do with Infinity Blade: Dungeons:

Will it be a simple Cashcow of just another six Month of Work like Infinity Blade 2 was and therefor have more Bugs then I really have the patience to count for during my daily Work or will they delivering a never seen before experience on our Mobil Device...

I`m not saying that Epic Games can`t create something unique on their own but all those Gears of War Games are slowly getting bored as Hell and I`m wondering what might be next because that Zombie Games won`t make it for me.

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I think you underestimate my Imagination (and my Capital, for that matter).

But I'm not saying they Couldn't choose to spend $10 million making a game that will only gross $10 million. I'm only saying they Wouldn't. It doesn't make any business sense to put the resources into a game and then sell to only 10% of the potential market, even if they can make the game a little better for that 10% that way.

13. nicolaxl

nicolaxl Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    photograph
    italy
    i want an eta!

14. littlejob

littlejob Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    IT
    USA
    me too... me too..
    hopefully by Christmas.

15. Cellur111

Cellur111 New Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Cant wait for this game

16. robertto

robertto Member

Nov 30, 2011
    i read in one of the articles that came out the week it was announced that it was scheduled for fall, i cant remember which article it was, i think it might have been one where they were actually interviewing Donald mustard from chair, just about working on the new apple devices and then he said dungeons was targeting fall, but i cant remember, i'm sure someone could look it up.

and yes i am aware that epic not chair is the dev of IBD

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Where are all of the TA posters who assured us it would have to come out before the new iPad, there was no possibility that such a game would take longer than that to develop?

18. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL

Good things come to those who wait.

19. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

By the time this is released the New newer ipad will be out-ipad 4

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I nominate this for Hysterical Comment of the Week.